Not open for further replies.

74DartSwinger360

The Brat Pack
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Contact seller
Hey Ladies and Gentlemen of FABO,
I am in search of a factory heater delete plate for a standard dash.
From research the factory part number seems to be 2884891
If you have one in decent shape please post here with pics or pm for my email to send pics.

I made mine out of a piece of aluminum sign and used JB weld to fasten 4 threaded studs to to the back side that fit in the corners of the control opening. Painted it black to match the dash core.

You'll have as good a chance finding one as anybody since virtually all heater delete cars were sold in hawaii and Florida. I have one from my 67 but it won't be a bargain if I sell it.

I made mine out of a piece of aluminum sign and used JB weld to fasten 4 threaded studs to to the back side that fit in the corners of the control opening. Painted it black to match the dash core.
Think you could post a couple pics of it?

You'll have as good a chance finding one as anybody since virtually all heater delete cars were sold in hawaii and Florida. I have one from my 67 but it won't be a bargain if I sell it.

Well figured I would just put it out there and see what comes up. Worst case I make my own.
I had also seen something before where someone was re-poping them. Any one know about those?

Bump Still looking even a repop would work

No repops on a 73 and up. There are people making them for 68 Darts 270/GT/GTS models.

I think you could make one pretty easy. Just need to find out what an original looked like. Did it keep that chrome ring around the control and just filled in. Or was it just one continuous piece in the middle from the surrounding parts.

Just get a piece of textured plastic and cut to fill hole. Blend in with black satin interior paint. Done.

Dude, this post is over a year old! You could have certainly fabbed up one by now!! I made a radio delete plate in a few hours for my 72 Dart. It does not require an advanced degree in mechanical engineering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back