looking for wiring

-

curts73

Reaction score
Hi guys im looking for a under hood harness for my duster my alternator shorted and fried my wiring. any help would be appreciated.

I just got a new one from Bill and Rose Evans. Nice harness. $100 shipped (point ignition)

I need an engine harness for my car and when a new one is $100 I cant really see talking a chance on a used one for $50.

Well you never know what kind of budget people are working with. Besides who charges 50.00?

Hi guys im looking for a under hood harness for my duster my alternator shorted and fried my wiring. any help would be appreciated.

So if your alternator "shorted" it would not fry your wiring. Something is not making sense here. You should have a fuseable link in series with the ammeter and the other side of the ammeter should go to the alternator. It sounds more like something is not wired correctly. You probably should tear apart the existing wiring to find out where the problem was or you may end up doing the same thing to a new harness.

I traced the melted wire back to the voltage regulator.it was melted the whole way back to where the wire splits for the firewall plug.Ireplaced the wire and the alternator and the wire is not getting hot at allso i dont know for sure what happened but the alternator seemed to fix it, but if its the regulator I got one of them too.

Its more expensive, but check out painless wiring harnesses. I think it's just painlesswiring.com
It's not the cheapest, and I can't vouch for mopar installs, but I know a few people who have used them and everyone says they're good. If nothing else, give em a look.

easy to install? come with all connectors? have any pictures of it? i found their website but it didnt give much details or pictures. thanks

I had one made for my 65 Dart wagon and other than the headlight plugs (which you don't see anyway), correct color codes as well as the other connectors. They also added for electronic ignition as well. More expensive than $100 as the original harness incorporates both the engine and headlight wiring in one harness. It's definitely a quality part.

I had one made for my 65 Dart wagon and other than the headlight plugs (which you don't see anyway), correct color codes as well as the other connectors. They also added for electronic ignition as well. More expensive than $100 as the original harness incorporates both the engine and headlight wiring in one harness. It's definitely a quality part.

thats cool, looks like ill be ordering one, so no need for any sodering or anything? just plug right in and go?

-
Back