Looky what Im a gunna buy!!!

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/car/605491722.html

I just got off the phone with the guy and Im ganna look at it tomorow after work and more than likely drive it home!!!!!

He has had it for a week and got it from the original owner who died. 383,auto,power everything and it has good floors!!!
I told him if I take it I would give him some cash and some 53 F-100 parts cause he has a 53 pannel truck he is building.

Im bouncing off the F%$KIN walls right now!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Big Enough for a family and a day at the car swap with parts woohoo. Good luck trying to sleep tonight!!!

Jesus I'm having a flash back. That's like the land yachts my father used to haul our sorry asses around with, I'm from a family of 7. Where's a stick of dynamite when I need it.

Terry:evil2:

Thats cool, looks not bad for under $1k!!Gotta love old wagons most have gone to the scrap yard years ago,be sure to show it off and post some pics if you get it! Happy sailing in your new land yacht:pirate:

I started out just looking for a truck or van for under a grand and if the 69 chevy pick up for 400 bucks I called about wasn't gone I never would have found this. I just need something to go on parts runs with and still play with while I build my 53 merc.

I'm thinking that it will stay stock for the most part. I will slam it on its knees with a set of chrome Craiger SS or T-thrusts, wide whites, duels with some flowmasters, rebuild the carter 4bbl that is on it now, tune up, update the ignition and drive the piss out of it until I get my 53 merc done, I get bored with it, or the stock 383 dies. If the 383 goes I have a 400/727 out of a 68 Newport that can take it's place.

Im also thinking that some scallops would look real nice on top of some primer...or just do a cut and buff on the stock paint.

He told me that he got 3 emails from guys that wanna derby the poor girl. My last email to him I told him "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T SELL IT TO A DERBY GUY!!!" 3:30pm tomorrow Im out the door and going to look at it, it's ganna be a long day at work.

He told me that he got 3 emails from guys that wanna derby the poor girl. My last email to him I told him "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T SELL IT TO A DERBY GUY!!!" 3:30pm tomorrow Im out the door and going to look at it, it's ganna be a long day at work.[/QUOTE]

That would be a crime!!A couple of years ago I saw a woman at a local park with a '61 New Yorker wagon done up in pearlwhite with torque thrusts and a built 440 in it, her old man was a mopar gear head she said, the kids called it the Ghostbuster car. It was the coolest wagon I ever seen, hope you get it and not the redneck derby crew!! Good luck!

Congrats on the find JR !!!!!!!!! That thing is bigger than some studio apartments here in Manhattan.... awesome find for cheap too!

BTW: My vote is to cut the paint, drop it as low as your roads will allow, and throw some side pipes on it with chrome reverse rims.... and drive it until you can't afford to feed it.

you are soon to be a member of the wagon family. for that $, who could pass it up? that thing is cool!

Wow! Is that wagon as rust free and as straight as it looks in the picture? Looks like a dam good deal.

Looks good !!! 360scamp.
Does it have the 3'rd row seating?:-k
Can't wait for pictures and update on that parts grabber, or new show and go car:cheers:

Very Cool.:thumleft:

Good luck with your new ride. My friend had one of these and they can make a great custom if you do it right. I've had number of 65 Chryslers in the past including 2 65 New Yorkers. If you have any questions regarding specifics about these cars let me know. I have a complete 65 NY grille in great shape plus 3 sets of the glass headlight covers. Also something that is hard to find is the rear window track and motors. If you have a power rear tailgate window let me know so I can hook you up with those parts.

Good luck with your new ride. My friend had one of these and they can make a great custom if you do it right. I've had number of 65 Chryslers in the past including 2 65 New Yorkers. If you have any questions regarding specifics about these cars let me know. I have a complete 65 NY grille in great shape plus 3 sets of the glass headlight covers. Also something that is hard to find is the rear window track and motors. If you have a power rear tailgate window let me know so I can hook you up with those parts.

Yup it's a power tailgate.
What is the year/part interchange on the 65 C bodies?

I here you there i get out at 5 and am going to pick up a 340 for my dart

Yeah, let us know you got it, and it didn't go to the demo derby. The '65s were really great looking cars, all that glass and long, unbroken lines. What a great find!

I called him and he said he is going to drive it out to the swapmeet in Puyallup tomorrow. Traffic is all screwed up today cause it's rainy, friday, and Seattle so Im going to look at it in the morning. He is pretty much waiting to see if I want it because he will get some cash and some truck parts that he needs for his 53 ford panel from me.

I will have pics of it tomorrow afternoon or on Sunday because we are having a St. patties day party tomorrow and I may be uhhh....ummm....a tad bit kilted and drunk. :toothy10: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :toimonst: I'll have pics of that as well.

This was last year...
DSC04222.jpg

Here is my buddy Tommy One Time doing a car bomb...
DSC04212.jpg

I remember the one from last year.=D>:eek:ccasion:
Hope you have another great one and get a tad bit drunk.
I have never wore a kilt,:confused:
So give them another great party 360Sscamp.:drinkers::drinkers:
Glad you made it though the day at work,

-
Back