Lost my Contract Today :(

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Got home tonight and checked my e mail. Sears sent me an e mail stating that they were pulling my installation contract effective immediately. The only reasons given were they were cutting costs and it was a "Business Decision" on their part. Per the agreement they can pull the contract at any time they choose to and I am required to work out the next 30 days of calls I have left. This is a major blow to my small business and I do not know what I will do as this was my main source of revenue. What a Christmas gift. I have three young children to support and am going to try to hook up with another company but I am in shock right now. This is the worst news I could have got. Especially since the prospects of hooking up with another company look very slim.

Sorry to hear that . I will keep you and your family in my prayers !!! Hang in there . May God richly bless you !!

As a small business owner (Carpentry and Custom remodeling) I feel for you. I don't have any work either, man it sucks! I hope it gets better for you all!

Sorry to hear that, I will keep you in my prayers. The "worst thing?" No it's not the worst thing ever, you still have your family and you will get through this, hang in there bud!

Sorry Tom for the timing and abruptness and the understandable worry this is causing you. I bet it turns out they did you a favor, and a better opportunity comes along. Prayers sent. Stay positive and keep your faith.

Leave biz cards with all past and future customers.
Time to start marketing yourself again. Good luck.

Overstating,Cracked. Unemployement,doesn't cut it.You have 15 months of employment with a major corporation.Go hit all the small appliance stores,network like hell.Especially,talk to latest current list,you have on a 1st name basis........

Overstating,Cracked. Unemployement,doesn't cut it.You have 15 months of employment with a major corporation.Go hit all the small appliance stores,network like hell.Especially,talk to latest current list,you have on a 1st name basis........

i'll keep u in my prayers, its like everything is going south ,sorry hang in the lord test us .............it will work out

Cannot Collect Unemployment (Self Employed). Not sure at this point of whats out there. A lot of the small appliance stores have closed due to the big box stores. Really worried about not being able to make the monthly bills. Thanks for the prayers everyone.

sorry to hear about this DM!!

Start spreading your name around as someone suggested. Put ads in your local craigslist, kijiji etc. Hit back on previous address's (after your remaining 30 days is up) Take it upon yourself to be aggressive in seeking out the work you do. It won't happen overnight, but you have to start.

good luck

I'm sorry to hear that. This is where guys like us have to hussle to get by. Hang in there buddy.

They gave you the only reason is because they were cutting back? Were you busy doing work with Sears everyday?
Hopefully you have a list of their past customers and you can send them all a cards or even a fridge magnet so that they have a number to call you back without calling Sears. Send me a pm, i'll print print you 250 of them for free to get you going.
As far as I remember you Worked hard to service their customers! something is wrong here and you don't deserve this. Let me know if I can help, Mike

Wow, sorry to hear Tom! Werent you so busy that you were looking to take an extra employee on not that long ago?? Great ideas from above members here. Take 2darts advice/help, everyone loves a magnet, either for their fridge or their toolbox!

Keep your stick on the ice Sears is a funny outfit to contract with I used to do kitchen and bath remodels for them and was a lot happier when it all ended between us , the way they promise the customer stuff they know they can't deliver then refund money from your end to make up for it drove me nuts - start looking for condo developements and contact the wholesalers the developers are using we end up doing appliance installs as carpenters because they can't get enough installers to keep the pace of final finishing on a tower , I must have climbed over 300 stackers in 18 months back in 2009-2010 , things are picking up here where I am there is a whole new condo boom starting for smaller lower priced units that still have the same appliances in them for you eh !

I'm in the same boat as you man. Been down for 10 months living off the savings I had. It's depleting real fast and I've tried looking for other work and its just the wrong time of year. **** is sopposed to be getting better my ***.

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you'll find another company to contract. We're all prayin' and rootin' for ya!
2darts and cannucky have some good ideas too. tmm

Sorry to here it. I think Sears is going down the tube pretty quick. Washington is going to kill alot of companies with their foolishness. I will keep you in my prayers.

I think Sears is going down the tube pretty quick.

I would agree with you. My wife and I went to our local Sears, which is an anchor store for our local mall, and found out that this particular Sears does not sell clothing anymore. We either have to go 45 miles east or west to the nearest other Sears stores, or order online. Personally, I have been waiting for Sears to shrivel up and disappear ever since they discontinued their catalogs.

Hell, Sears closed their store here in Macon, Ga. We have 3 good size malls, and no Sears. :dontknow:

I was at one of my stores I serviced regularly yesterday afternoon picking up appliances and asked the manager how the Christmas shopping sales were doing. He replied " Sears is down 40% from last years holiday sales." So I think that the end may be near for Sears. And at this point I hope they go belly up. I was out getting my name back out there today as much as I could, but It is not a good time of year to be out of work. I can probably make it through next month but after that it will be very bad. I just put a downpayment on a newer van and now I may lose it if I cannot afford to make payments on it. Please keep praying for me as I am very grateful for all the well wishes and words of encouragement. This has been eating me up inside and I am pretty depressed now. All I ever did was bust my a$$ for these people and they go and do this to me and my family at Christmas??? Either way, I am praying that I can hook up with another company. I will be contacting Home Warranty Companies as well as contractors and realtors in my area, as well as the few remaining small appliance stores from here to the coast seeking any and all work.

I'm sorry to hear this. I hear that a lot of crap is going on with the Lowes appliance departments also. With so many of the Craftsman tools being made overseas Sears will soon loose a lot of that market too. I bought my yearly tool allotment to discover over half of it was made in China so all the import tools went back. That cost them over $500 in sales.

-
Back