Lost our little buddy

-
Didn't mean to highjack the thread..
Wife was askin about dog heaven as we were waiting for the vet... As she looked at me for reassurance I said "well sure!.." there was an episode of the twilight zone that depicted it... I told her what I recalled of it. (just looked it up..) episode 84 "The Hunt"...

Our condolences guys. We weren't planning to get another when a rescue pup came our way. She has been a blessing to us as we are to her. I think the lord has a hand in it.

So sorry for your losses @loganscuda and @j par . It's crazy how pets can touch your soul, and losing them is never easy. Lost my boy after 14 years last year and it's still tough, but it gets easier. Side note -- I don't think you were hijacking the thread J par, more that you were sharing your experience to let us know that you can relate.

Sorry for your loss. I have never had to face that. But I guess I will. I think it will crush my heart.
I had a hamster when I was 12. When it died, it broke my heart and I never wanted to go through that again.
Thirteen years ago, we got Riley, a ShihTzu, for my wife's niece. He would bite if you bothered him so I became his caretaker. My first dog. I had a lot to learn reading about dogs and watching Cesar Milan.
Now I look into his eyes and I see he has a soul.
Today he and I just made a 90 minute trip to an eye clinic in Charlotte to get his eyes checked. We're waiting for our turn.
20211227_104029.jpg

20190901_160214.jpg
20211227_111347.jpg
My wife and I can sometimes get teary eyed just looking at him. Pictures don't really show that eye contact we have.

Last edited:
Our little man was 14 1/2 years old First small dog we ever had by far the best He never left my wife’s side He was never carried he walked everywhere he never liked to be picked up my wife is so down I am too, but she is not handling it very well we have another one that is seven
When is an appropriate time to get another one. I think that my other one is getting sick from being alone. She won’t eat.View attachment 1715842611

sorry to hear. We’ve raised Shih Tzus since the late 80s. We lost two this past spring. We are now down to three. My wife bought a male pup last spring. Out female went into heat this past fall but the pup was too short to mount her. Probably this spring.

Aways liked the breed. Little dogs with attitude and good watch dogs.

How old? Looks like he has cataracts.
Turned 13 Nov 2, 2021. The ophthalmologist said he has a slight age related degeneration of the outer layer and some early signs of cataracts but overall good condition for his age. Got some twice a day drops and recheck in 3 months.

I am so sorry for your loss I know first hand how hard it is.
To answer your question, another dog to love and love you back is the best medicine and for the other dog that has lost its best bud. Thats my take.
I have RedDog #2, a not so minature dachund. I had to put down #1 4 years ago. I have had dogs but for whatever reason, we were like one if you can understand. I swear he could read my mind. #2 is about 2 years old and just like #1. I waited way to long to get RedDog #2.
They are different but so much the same! God I loved #1 and I love #2 just as much.

My condolences to you. When I had to make that last ride Christmas Eve 2018, it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I feel your pain. Time helps deaden the pain is all I have to offer.

Sorry to both of you for your loss…it’s hard, I have lost several cats and dogs over the years
Currently have one of each and they are both great…

CBE61CBE-AFB6-4A6A-9F2B-5F851E57AD43.jpeg

Sorry for your loss. We have been there. Dogs pack 70 years of unconditional love into 10-15 years.

Damn Brother Logan.. so Sorry to hear that. They ARE Family. More than some humans. My Extreme Sympathy for Y'alls Loss. My Baby checked out from cancer the day before Valentines, last year. It Sucks when they leave us. Sadly their life span doesn't run with ours. That and the crap they put in foods. Peace

20191005_171438.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back