Lotsa progress on my interior.

-
Ha, thanks guys.

Yeah, I sat in the seat in the center with the roll bar not too far from my chest.
I figure the only way someone could sit back there safely is if they were tied down nice and tight with at least a 4 way harness.

Okay, the show went well and I was the last car to leave because it took 2 hours for all the cars to clear the town after the fireworks and I did not want to wait in stop and go traffic.

I got tons of pics along with some for the single guys LOL.

Well, the show judging was picky and the only only cars that made the top 25 were the extreme high dollar rides and flawless vehicles, and I mean flawless.

Two Mopars made the cut, one a R/T convertible hemi coronet, and a 68 dart GTS-383 car yellow with a vinyl top.
I talked to that guy for a while and he was really cool.

My car was in now way shape or form able to compete with some of those winners.
I'm talking these cars all looked to have multiple coats of paint and perfect prep and finish work, flawless chrome and engine compartments.

My car has a long way to go before it could make that cut for sure, BUT I like it and I did get several comments from random people telling me it was their personal favorite.

All in all had alot of fun, and not only were the cars nice to look at, but there were several cuties.

lookin good spaz! nice to see you got her all buttoned up inside...all business with that roll bar and big shifter man

Got some pics to upload.
I will start with this one as it's my favorite pic of the whole day, and I think this one says it all.

kid.jpg

Do you know the family, or did you just happen to be there at the right time? That is an awsome picture, they look like they are having a great day. That is a shot that puts a smile on your face when things aren't going so good. Thank you very much for sharing that one.

I like it! If I may critique one thing though..... I think it would be nicer with the glove box area black. It looks like contrast for the sake of contrast and i don't think it fits.

But.... We all build the way we want.

Do you know the family, or did you just happen to be there at the right time? That is an awsome picture, they look like they are having a great day. That is a shot that puts a smile on your face when things aren't going so good. Thank you very much for sharing that one.

I noticed they were geting ready to take a pic of the little boy next to the car and I had my camera at the ready.
I snapped three pics of them and this one was the best shot.

I like taking action pics lke this from the crowd.

I like it! If I may critique one thing though..... I think it would be nicer with the glove box area black. It looks like contrast for the sake of contrast and i don't think it fits.

That way nobody can have one like mine.

cool shot; it's great that an entire family can enjoy this "sport"
Plus I gotta soft spot for Mavericks.......

man.... looking real good..... excellent work shows your attention for detail...

very nice.

-RPM

its about time. still one of my favorite cars.

Yeah I know.
My Brother in Law restored and old Porsche and has been following my project probably more than anyone so I had it over his house two days prior to the show with no interior, and he wanted to go to the car show with me and take the kids for the fireworks that night.

I picked him up two days later with the interior finished and nearly gave him a heart attack seeing it with an actual interior in it.

Needless to say he was all smiles riding in the cuda to the show.

That looks frikkin sweet! I just have one question. Why is the tach over by the shifter? Before someone stole mine, it was on the driver side A-Piller. Wouldn't that be better for visibility on the track/road?

j

That looks frikkin sweet! I just have one question. Why is the tach over by the shifter? Before someone stole mine, it was on the driver side A-Piller. Wouldn't that be better for visibility on the track/road?

j

Yes, I am currently looking for an A-body tach bracket to move it to the top of the dash.
I just put it down there until I figured out what I'm gonna do.

I, for one, love the custom touch, as you extended it along the dash pads--very cool.

1 of 1--keep it that way.

Got some pics to upload.
I will start with this one as it's my favorite pic of the whole day, and I think this one says it all.

kid.jpg

Love that photo !
Did you happen to get the family's address to send them a copy, I think they would love it ? Love the smiles on their faces. What a hobby that gives such pleasure to so many. Thanks for sharing the pic, it makes me smile also.Very cool !

John 8)

-
Back