Love it, hate it, Meh, Bee emblem on my GTS

-

AlV

Crabs in a barrel
Reaction score
So I've been playing around with the idea of adding a Scat Pack/Bee emblem on my dart.
Since the only ones I could find from 69 was for the grill on the super bee. I chose the bee fender emblem from a modern charger. It's essentially a replica of the 69 bee.

Thoughts?

btw,
bee emblem.JPG
this is Photoshoped so...

I like the idea of the emblem, but not the location? What about on the front fender behind the wheel well?

Your car is SO beautiful...not sure I'd touch it!!

I like the idea of the emblem, but not the location? What about on the front fender behind the wheel well?

Your car is SO beautiful...not sure I'd touch it!!
Thanks C, I'm just fiddling around.. yea let's see what it looks like behind the wheel behind the wheel.

Too busy. No need to clutter the car up with marketing stuff. It looks great without it.

I wouldn't put it there, that's for sure. I.like the quarter window placement as well. Nice car.

I sorta like the idea, but I do agree the quarter isn't the place. Sometimes, cars that have specialized emblems like have them in the middle of the dog leg on the front fender down low, or on the panel under the trunk lid on the passenger's side. Maybe try that and see how it looks.

That said, nice car. ....and I like the painted brake drums. Screams 1970s. We used to do it all the time.

Never mind the bee... why is the brake drum painted orange? Now back to the bee... nope. :)
Well when I was doing the car I striped the blue paint off of the drums and found all this red pain then primer. Spoke to a fe friends and the sent me pictures of 68 and 69 Darts with Red drums (from the factory!) weird right?! Anyway, my motivation for the build was to make it the way I would have back in the 70's.
And because it looks cool!

I sorta like the idea, but I do agree the quarter isn't the place. Sometimes, cars that have specialized emblems like have them in the middle of the dog leg on the front fender down low, or on the panel under the trunk lid on the passenger's side. Maybe try that and see how it looks.

That said, nice car. ....and I like the painted brake drums. Screams 1970s. We used to do it all the time.
Nail on the head!

I like it fine. I like the idea of someone thinking outside the box and personalizing their car. The decal can always be taken off. It would be pretty boring if everybody just restored their car to 100% factory correct. No custom paints, no flames, no mini tubs, no hemi conversions, no 17" wheels, no custom interiors, just plain 100% factory. Boring!

I sorta like the idea, but I do agree the quarter isn't the place. Sometimes, cars that have specialized emblems like have them in the middle of the dog leg on the front fender down low, or on the panel under the trunk lid on the passenger's side. Maybe try that and see how it looks.:D

Well when I was doing the car I striped the blue paint off of the drums and found all this red pain then primer. Spoke to a fe friends and the sent me pictures of 68 and 69 Darts with Red drums (from the factory!) weird right?! Anyway, my motivation for the build was to make it the way I would have back in the 70's.

Oh OK... that's back when dropping a hit of acid made everything.... "cool". :realcrazy:

Why did the factory paint the rear drums? I mean is there actually a positive reason for it?

It's like walking around in a pair of shoes and one is red and one is white.

Older friend of mine went to a college football game back in the 70s. He said that when it went inside the stadium he dropped a hit of acid. He told me he was doing fine until they released a thousand balloons in the starting ceremony.:D:D

Last edited:
Face of the drums had a swab of red paint behind magnum wheels from factory, shown through the holes. Burnt off by the time you got home.

Thoughts?

you asked...

it looks plain stupid there.. that emblem is way too large to go anywhere on that car.. the little scat pack bee would look nice in the quarter windows...
maybe a smaller bee on the fender where the V8 would be on a 273/318 car but even that is iffy.

that car is just too clean looking to clutter it up.

Put the Bee in the rear window where it belongs for sure.

I would also paint the rear drums black. The orange and that beautiful blue just don't work IMHO.

Sweet ride man!

-
Back