Love My A Bodies But I

-

IRISH RT

Reaction score
Found an old English Fibreglass body Called A Reliant SCIMITAR you may need to google, I have three A body Australian , and my dilema is I have a pretty wild 440, that wont get much street use if I transplant it into on of my A bodies , So I figure Big Cubes Fiberglass Body 1000Lbs Lighter probably more like 500lbs when I kick the Ford V6 out , Gas is so expensive here in New Zealand that a Big block is not practical for long trips , instead I will use a S/B for street trips Cruises , I have heard of a Couple of Scimitars running V8s back in the late 60s But cannot find any info on them Your Thought would be appreciated as Thanx

Here are some Pics of The Scimitar

Attachments

• shimmy 1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 260
  • shimmy 2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 282
  • shimmy 3.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 293
  • shimmy 4.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 273
  • shimmy 5.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 267
Paint it black. Tint the windows. Drop the 440 in and mash the pedal.

That Ford V6 looks like a tight fit. Is there room in there for the RB?

there is heaps of room to the front and I intend to cut the inner Guards and also make it a removable front,

Heres our Jensen. Weighs 4200 pounds. Has approx 700# springs on the front and 600 in the rear to keep it tight.

I would bet you will have to do some various frame or chassis bracing and mods, maybe a roll cage to stiffen the car up proper.

Is that car a Renault?

Looks like a neat project that will make for a very neat car when its finished.

Go for it if you have the time to invest!

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 209
  • Picture 045.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 214
Heres our Jensen. Weighs 4200 pounds. Has approx 700# springs on the front and 600 in the rear to keep it tight.

I would bet you will have to do some various frame or chassis bracing and mods, maybe a roll cage to stiffen the car up proper. Sounds like a neat project that will make for a very neat car when its finished.

Go for it if you have the time!

I've always loved the Jensen. The concept was outstanding, but what's with all the weight? Man them hoss's are portly. There has to be a mistake in British math somewhere, Jags tend to do the same thing. Come to think of it, a DB9 could use a diet, too.

A fair few Scimitars have received V8s over here - much like any other car given enough time! My mate put a Rover (Buick 215ci) ally motor in his as he likes corners but they're physically as big as small blocks and I think he recessed the firewall for more setback. That frame is pretty beefy as standard but I'd add some bracing anyway. I'd go small block...

I would bet you will have to do some various frame or chassis bracing and mods, maybe a roll cage to stiffen the car up proper.

Is that car a Renault?

Looks like a neat project that will make for a very neat car when its finished.

Go for it if you have the time to invest!

Yep Like your Jensen in white 4200 pounds is heavier than my A body Valiants which are about 3200-3600 this Scimiter s Kerb Weighr is 2500 pounds with the V6 Ford

A fair few Scimitars have received V8s over here - much like any other car given enough time! My mate put a Rover (Buick 215ci) ally motor in his as he likes corners but they're physically as big as small blocks and I think he recessed the firewall for more setback. That frame is pretty beefy as standard but I'd add some bracing anyway. I'd go small block...

Yep Tube front end, no inner guards and Rollcage are definite requirements Cheers

These Chassis also has four link fitted factory, Stripped out the interior today thats was totally shot and sun damaged and every screw nut was seized out with the air hacksaw If the body was panel steel it would have disentrageted years ago Should Have the body off soon and get a better idea what the chassis is like,

-
Back