low mile 72 duster

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just buy it and the shipping with be about $1000.00 to your house from CA. And then if you don't want it....you could sell it around here and make up the delivery charge
Try here for an idea for cost for shipping. Fill in the blanks and wait for an answer. It cost nothing to ask. It is a free for all site....I did to get that Demon from LA to Irwin....$1,000.00 ---- open trailer. But never made the deal for the Demon
JB

Is there suppose to be a phone number ????

If you are talking about the U-Ship site....no. Fill in the info and a trucker driver or firm will post it to your listing. You will get few offers and then you can choose.
You can do a test drive....just fill it out and see. No cost for listing

Yep...sweet alright.

But not ready to go cross country ....even one in this nice a shape. Even if I could get away for a cross country trip (I live in PA), I'd be looking at probably a couple grand in travel and shipping costs.

Dude, I just shipped a car from East Bumblef•ck Utah that was nowhere near a major city to the middle of L.I., NY for LESS THAN A GRAND.

Just saying.

FloorMan,

That would be the most fun way, but shipping would still be cheaper.

That is one of the nicest reasonably priced cars I have seen on here in a while. And you can spend $10,000 or more on body work and paint trying to bring a rust bucket back to life easily. Have you seen body shop rates lately?? Definitely worth paying the shipping on that car.

Lets see some pics of that trunk with the mat and spare tire out. How about some under hood shots. Show that rust free body off!! Put it out there for all us east coast guys to drool over.

Yep...sweet alright.

But not ready to go cross country ....even one in this nice a shape. Even if I could get away for a cross country trip (I live in PA), I'd be looking at probably a couple grand in travel and shipping costs.

Wish it were closer to check out.

But thanks all for thinking of me. <grin>

If I opened up my search to include cross country (and this one is as cross country as I could get) there are lot of cars out there.

Ah, if only money and time were no object. <sigh> :angry7:

Ask you self one question Shadango, what are the chances of you finding a duster of any year in eastern USA or Canada that doesn't have cancer for this asking price even adding on 1000 for shipping. My answer would be not a chance in hell. Ask one of the members in the L.A. area to have a look at the car and get a second opinion and if it's as clean as it looks go for it before it's to late. I know what it costs to restore an A body with rust and cancer and 4800 bucks is a deal and hell it's even got the factory discs.

Terry

Hey thanks again guys. Just want to let everyone know that the car is not perfect though. It is totally rust free and straight but it does have a couple of minor parking lot dings. The other issue is that it was painted at some time. Not sure why. Car was originally alpine white. I will post some more photos this week. I would love to see it go to someone on this site as it does have a really cool story and the car is absolutely super clean and runs great. No squeaks, etc. Also, as I stated before, 3700 is my rock bottom price. I think its totally fair. If anyone knows people here in los angeles, I'd be happy to show the car. I am fairly well connected w/ the cpw folks and the mopar people in l.a. thanks again and feel free to get in touch about the car. cory

Shandango,$3700 bottom price and add shipping say$4500 and it,s in your driveway?Sh?t,or get off the pot!LOL!!

Go Shandango! This is getting exciting! You know we are all shopping vicariously through you. At least you know you have the support of fabo members.

As long we have the instigators in fantasy mode, what's everyone's plan for the car? Here we got a super solid CA car with limited budget.

I would start with basic suspension maintenance;fresh XHD springs, go through the front end and brakes. Then move on to tires and rims. I see lots of small bolt aluminum slots and rallys out there for cheap. Drive it for the summer, maybe 2 summers, take your time. The hard part is done. You have a good solid car. Meanwhile, keep an eye open for a driveline that someone put lots time and money into. There is a nice 340/727 a member has been looking to sell. deals like that come up all the time. A few years down the line, take it apart and do a really top notch paint job. I think... maybe black.

Keep us posted. Good luck.

Man, You guys really know how to apply the pressure, lol
Only one way I would do that trip... Southwest air, couple of weeks advance is $119 one way Pittsburgh to LAX and less than $300 fuel, couple of nights motel, some food along the way, should get you home around $700. and you know how it's treated on the trip... I doubt anyone, even brokers is going to move it 2440 miles for less than .50 a mile

No regrets, but I seriously wish this car was available a few months ago when I bought my Dart, I would have snapped it up in a New York minute. Soon as I bought my car I knew that was going to happen too! Go for it Shadnago, you'll be kicking yourself if you don't get this car.

Here's my build up for it - obviously it should get a small-block stroker, 8 3/4 with 3.91 gears, drag radials with Weld Draglites, six-pack hood, yada yada yada. You get the idea.

Its getting to the point that if anyone else but Shandango buys the car, it will be a crime. I think he should start out with a mild build of the slant six, drive it that way for a couple summers, then upgrade to the small block.

Go Shadango! Go shadango Go Go!!!!!!!!! On a series note my brother had his 65 comet shipped from Cal. to Tenn. for around a grand. You take $4500.00 or $4700.00 "to your door" in a fairly low mile rust free duster and you are money ahead on body work. Trust me i do it everyday start with a good car and end with a better car! Buy the car drive it for a while add a small block and your off!
matt

Can't beat a solid, rust free California car. I flew down to Cali from Vancouver Canada with my gf (now fiance), stayed in a motel, had a quick look at the Swinger and paid a fair price (Rust free!). Jumped in the car and drove it back 1000 miles or so, along the Oregon Coast.

Best trip / mini-vacation I've ever been on. :)

Do it, Shandago. :sign10:

Yeah I hear ya all, and thanks for all the great input.

The seller should be giving you guys a commision....LOL....

Still waitng for pictures and such....I am told they are coming.

Still its 2500 miles between me and this car. Thats not a short ride. I know what you all are saying about rust free etc. and that is certainly very attractive to me.

Still, to make this car what I want, its a total redo....interior, paint (albeit little vody work will need to be done aside from fixing the exhisting dents and minor bondo'd dent the seller says it has) and entire drivetrain. Thats still gonna be a big chunk of cash to get the car where I want it.... So I HAVE to look at the total big picture. Simply hopping out to the west coast is something I have to figure in to a family and work schedule, let alone the expense IF it doesnt pan out.

(No offense to the seller...I am sure the car is everything he describes).

If anyone else here is ready to buy this one today, dont let me stop you. I may or may not go for this one....if you know its "the one" for you, you should jump on it.

Sadly I am going to have to sell my 72 duster. It is an original 59000 mile car and runs and drives like new. I recovered the front bench w/ legendary cover the rest of the interior is original and near perfect. #'s matching slant six/904 could be driven anywhere. body is 100% rust free and straight w/ only a few minor parking lot dings. I bought this car from and 85 year old man who couldnt drive anymore. Clear title, never had a problem. 4800 thanks for looking. cory 213 926 6888

$2,500.00 I can arrange shipping in about 2 or 3 weeks...... you can PM me if you like.
Thanks, Mark

here we go.....

P3030001.jpg

P3030002.jpg

P3030003.jpg

P3030004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back