Low oil pressure?

-
If I turn on the outside faucet at the front of the house and wanted the back of the house I will have a drop in pressure.
That scenario is like leaving out the plug AND leaving the oil filter off LOL.

You wouldn't have the pressure drop at the back for the house if you looped the hose from the front of the house to the back of the house and joined it back to the line at the back of the house. The water would take the path of least resistance to the back of the house. That is the setup with the plug left out.

I wonder what the OP thinks now that we are so far off base.....

What's the orientation of the shafts? I can never remember....
Not likely the issue IMHO.. if the shafts are wrong, there will be less oil to the rockers and thus more pressure in the main part of the engine. IMHO, as has been said: Mostly likely the plugs at the front on either gallery or rear of the driver side gallery in front of the distributor.

BTW, OP, is this oil pressure drop consistent when the engine is hot? You ssid it has happened twice, but I can't understand if it is erratically happening, or happening all the time when the oil gets hot.

That scenario is like leaving out the plug AND leaving the oil filter off LOL.

You wouldn't have the pressure drop at the back for the house if you looped the hose from the front of the house to the back of the house and joined it back to the line at the back of the house. The water would take the path of least resistance to the back of the house. That is the setup with the plug left out.

I wonder what the OP thinks now that we are so far off base.....

The oiling system in the motor is not working the same way as the water pipes in your house. The only pressure relief you have on your house is at the hot water heater in case pressure builds from too much heat.

On the engine you have to pressure release in there besides the passage going up to the passenger side Galley you have a bypass in the oil filter and you have a bypass in the oil pump.

Every Chrysler engine manual that mentions this plug tells you it affects oil pressure.

By the way the biggest restriction in that oil system prior to the passenger side galley is just above that plug on the back of the motor. That's why you remove it to drill that passage out or to clean it.

Not likely the issue IMHO.. if the shafts are wrong, there will be less oil to the rockers and thus more pressure in the main part of the engine. IMHO, as has been said: Mostly likely the plugs at the front on either gallery or rear of the driver side gallery in front of the distributor.

Could you clarify this a little it's not making any sense to me but then I don't know anything about the oiling systems other than what I know.

Say I'm on the freeway doin 55 mph @ 2000 rpm, sometimes when I exit the freeway and come to a stop at the light the pressure will drop low. It is not an all the time issue.

Say I'm on the freeway doin 55 mph @ 2000 rpm, sometimes when I exit the freeway and come to a stop at the light the pressure will drop low. It is not an all the time issue.

What oil pan and pick up.

This is one of those times when some one didn't let the pickup touch the floor of the pan.

What oil pan and pick up.

This is one of those times when some one didn't let the pickup touch the floor of the pan.

Speaking of the pickup since he is running a high volume oil pump I hope that he has a mulidon or Moroso hi flowing pickup tube on there. Otherwise the high volume pump doesn't get you anything extra.

I think stock pickup sits flush with pan. Aftermarket is 3/8"?
Well, the next question is how far is the pick up from the bottom of the pan. If the pick up isn't touching the floor of the pan it's too far away. It will act like yours does and will kill an engine.

YR, you may be on to something.

I when I did the last oil change the car was not level and ended up a little over full. I then removed the 90 degree adapter and lost some oil in the process. Now it's at the full line and I have this issue.....

Could you check that "often overlooked" oil gallery plug, visible by removing the distributor to see if it was actually installed!

Here is the stock installed components using this dirty dodge as a reference . Stock touches the pan.
100_1364.JPG
100_1366.JPG

-
Back