Low Rider Mopars

-
Guys and Rani,

I was born and raised here in SoCal since 1955. Like Revhendo, I have seen a lot of different car rodding. Low riders and customs have always been around with regular factory cars for as long as I can remember.

There was a guy in the area during the mid to late 1970s who had a 1970 or 1971 Hemi Cuda that was lowered. It had plenty of chrome, dingle balls, skinnies (tires and rims) up front, hydraulics, side pipes, and an outrageous paint job. Some of the muscle car guys would roll up on him and start with the ranking. He would hit the hydraulics to raise the rear and open his electric cut-outs that exited below the doors just at the beginning of the side pipe run. He would say "OK, let's go!". I never knew anyone to take him on nor did I hear of anyone who did. They all feared the Hemi even in a lowrider.

Cliff,
Seems like you need to go visit some lowriders with your Doba and tell them what you would like to do. You could probably get a ride in a bagged car as well as a hydraulics car to help you decide on which system. Most of those guys are really really cool when it comes to their cars.
I don't know about Oklahoma lowriders but you can always drive out to SoCal and get an education! LOL

My factory C-body Polara rag top gets a lot of nods and thumbs up from many different people including lowriders.

Go for it and shave the door handles.

Art
Thanks Art I am leaning hard toward the bag system since it doesn't take away from the ride. The hydro's like I have been seeing looks to hard on tha butt

Well you will have to dress that way, and the vinyl is a must or vinyl pants !!!

Chrysler cordoba on 22s - YouTube

Turn it into a Donk Lol.
donk-car-1.jpg

I guess y'all need help getting in and out of a car? :razz:

Great looking cars! I always liked lowriders, but I like rat rods, hotrods, and all other variations one can do to a car. I'm gonna be starting my first lowrider project in a couple months. I will be doing a 73 dodge tradesman lowrider van.

I would like to see that build. Where will you be posting a build thread?

Hi Rev got a question, I seen this torsion bar set up at another forum. I know it's on a truck. This seems to be a way I need to go so I can bag my car.

MIXEDPICS029.jpg

MIXEDPICS022.jpg

MIXEDPICS032-1.jpg

MIXEDPICS026.jpg

I have been doing some thinking. Wanting to do something different with my Doba and have been thinking about making it a low rider like this. No low riders I have posted are mine but were found on the internet.

attachment.php

004.jpg

Be careful. You are gonna end up like me and never finish anything because you have too many projects and cant get direction to finish one. You should finish the Charger for everyone that donated to see.

Be careful. You are gonna end up like me and never finish anything because you have too many projects and cant get direction to finish one. You should finish the Charger for everyone that donated to see.

The Charger is a long term project a lot of repairs,and I haven't gotten my welder yet it is on order

I didn't say leave it...

Impalas and chargers don't either, but I see them on bags all the time

X2,with ASA.You can buy dropped spindles,fore most Mopars,BTW. A mild 2 inch lowering,would work wonders. BTW,had a 66 Galaxie.Cut 2 coils off the stock front springs.Still has enough travel,to make the bumpers still.hit the ground.

X2,with ASA.You can buy dropped spindles,fore most Mopars,BTW. A mild 2 inch lowering,would work wonders. BTW,had a 66 Galaxie.Cut 2 coils off the stock front springs.Still has enough travel,to make the bumpers still.hit the ground.
Yup Thats what i did to my old dakota droped it and to see what it looked like and it never made ti back up lmao

Cliff hes saying get drop blocks and crank the T bars down to see if you like it low , that can be done and undone in 40 mins lol

I know what Chuck was saying but that isn't a true low rider. It needs bags or hydro's. If done right I can have it to lay frame so to speak.

you have to admit , they do some insane things to those cars even with the nasty welds

Attachments

• low3.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,007
  • low4.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 484
  • low6.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 467
Thanks Art I am leaning hard toward the bag system since it doesn't take away from the ride. The hydro's like I have been seeing looks to hard on tha butt

thats correct .....with hydros you have no suspension and the ride is really rough....i know only bcoz i have painted a few low-riders before with candy paints and metal flake varieties....i did that when i used to be a hired gun ......i looked at it like a job i was getting paid for.....but looking back now it is amazing how much work goes into that. the labor used to get into the thousands and some of these guys were eager to pay if your willing to put the time into it....i can post pics of ones i was involved with later. you can ask Mr.Lance ...he knows my town is a low-rider town

but one of my customers gave me a ride one time in a 78 T-bird with hydros and it felt like a very rough ride you can feel every little bump on the road. .....i think bags will be more comfy for you

thats correct .....with hydros you have no suspension and the ride is really rough....i know only bcoz i have painted a few low-riders before with candy paints and metal flake varieties....i did that when i used to be a hired gun ......i looked at it like a job i was getting paid for.....but looking back now it is amazing how much work goes into that. the labor used to get into the thousands and some of these guys were eager to pay if your willing to put the time into it....i can post pics of ones i was involved with later.

but one of my customers gave me a ride one time in a 78 T-bird with hydros and it felt like a very rough ride you can feel every little bump on the road. .....i think bags will be more comfy for you

Well Rani that use to be the old way with Hydro's now they have a set up that gives a very comfortable ride. Before you say they don't you need to research it.

-
Back