Low Rider Mopars

-
Cordoba.jpg

How can this not be cool? The wheels fit in the wells perfectly, if not a little tight, but that's concept car. The wheels could be smaller but the fact that they don't look absolutely idiotic is a testament to how large those wheel wells are and how much better they are filled with larger wheels.

I haven't met one person who thinks that this:
Sycamore-show-5-25-2012-015.jpg

Is better looking than:
photoshoot1.jpg

Ok I aint reading the whole thread but cliff i think it would look good but i hate the little wheels lol ... That being said ive fought the same fight your fighting bud . If it was me my cudas nose would be on the ground but i cant do that and it not ware out the sup lol so i aint doing it

Cordoba.jpg

How can this not be cool? The wheels fit in the wells perfectly, if not a little tight, but that's concept car. The wheels could be smaller but the fact that they don't look absolutely idiotic is a testament to how large those wheel wells are and how much better they are filled with larger wheels.

I haven't met one person who thinks that this:
Sycamore-show-5-25-2012-015.jpg

Is better looking than:
photoshoot1.jpg

Jake those pictures look more pro touring than a low rider

Tbh, the barracuda is headed in a pro touring direction. I haven't lowered it because it can't be lowered cheaply any more than it is now because the wheels are too wide. :D. Personally, while I'm not a fan of the color, that cordoba looks pretty cool. I think you might be able to use it for some ideas. It's better looking than most of the other ones I've seen.

Tbh, the barracuda is headed in a pro touring direction. I haven't lowered it because it can't be lowered cheaply any more than it is now because the wheels are too wide. :D. Personally, while I'm not a fan of the color, that cordoba looks pretty cool. I think you might be able to use it for some ideas. It's better looking than most of the other ones I've seen.

Yeah the drawing of the Cordoba looks real good,but I am not going back to brown on it.

Yeah, I hoped not. Thats the main thing I don't like about the rendering.

What is next?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAEOYwttFbY"]Seinfeld The Wig Master Kramer the Pimp - YouTube[/ame]

Guys and Rani,

I was born and raised here in SoCal since 1955. Like Revhendo, I have seen a lot of different car rodding. Low riders and customs have always been around with regular factory cars for as long as I can remember.

There was a guy in the area during the mid to late 1970s who had a 1970 or 1971 Hemi Cuda that was lowered. It had plenty of chrome, dingle balls, skinnies (tires and rims) up front, hydraulics, side pipes, and an outrageous paint job. Some of the muscle car guys would roll up on him and start with the ranking. He would hit the hydraulics to raise the rear and open his electric cut-outs that exited below the doors just at the beginning of the side pipe run. He would say "OK, let's go!". I never knew anyone to take him on nor did I hear of anyone who did. They all feared the Hemi even in a lowrider.

Cliff,
Seems like you need to go visit some lowriders with your Doba and tell them what you would like to do. You could probably get a ride in a bagged car as well as a hydraulics car to help you decide on which system. Most of those guys are really really cool when it comes to their cars.
I don't know about Oklahoma lowriders but you can always drive out to SoCal and get an education! LOL

My factory C-body Polara rag top gets a lot of nods and thumbs up from many different people including lowriders.

Go for it and shave the door handles.

Art

God no, those wheels both 13s and like 22s are just wrong. Tiny wheels on those cars just looks ridiculous because of how big the car is. Big wheels, like the 22s in that video, just make it look like a hotwheels car. They aren't half bad, but it needs more tire to make it look right. Personally, if it were me I'd go with about 20s max and get some sidewall there to help fill out the wheel wells. Remember the 3 finger rule. You want to be able to stick 3 fingers inbetween the tire and the fender lip. Any more just makes the car look kinda dorky looking, and less is for tuckers. You just want a lowrider.

God no, those wheels both 13s and like 22s are just wrong. Tiny wheels on those cars just looks ridiculous because of how big the car is. Big wheels, like the 22s in that video, just make it look like a hotwheels car. They aren't half bad, but it needs more tire to make it look right. Personally, if it were me I'd go with about 20s max and get some sidewall there to help fill out the wheel wells. Remember the 3 finger rule. You want to be able to stick 3 fingers inbetween the tire and the fender lip. Any more just makes the car look kinda dorky looking, and less is for tuckers. You just want a lowrider.

Last time I used the 3 finger rule, I had to strap a 2x4 to arse to avoid falling in! :banghead:

Great looking cars! I always liked lowriders, but I like rat rods, hotrods, and all other variations one can do to a car. I'm gonna be starting my first lowrider project in a couple months. I will be doing a 73 dodge tradesman lowrider van.

-
Back