Lower ball joint prices

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
Ok I'm getting prices of $150 bucks each for the 72 and earlier drum brake ball joints and about $50 bucks each for the uppers

Problem is they don't have them and can't get them.

Found a supplier here in California that carries the moog units in stock for $210 for lowers each and $55 each for uppers.

I need to pull the trigger and get some ordered anybody have a good source for the moog units that may be more affordable. Or maybe I should consider the others brands

Is there a difference in lowers with the 73+'s? They are only 50ish....

I agree with 65Vart. Try Rock Auto. I've had great success with them. Great prices too. Try Mancini Racing. I found my manual steering pitman arm at Advance Auto Parts when no one else had it in a TRW brand.

rock auto has the Moog LEFT lower ball joint PN:K787 for $98.79 bucks....
and the RIGHT lower ball joint PN:K785 for $98.79 bucks...

uppers Moog PN:K704 for $46.79 each...

I will check out rock auto. My local Napa warehouse didn't have them

Edit:
Ok the order has been placed at rock auto saved $100 to $200 dollars.

Thanks for the help now should I remove the K member and powder coat it with the rest of the front end parts? I don't want to but. The thought of putting the nice fresh suspension on the dirty K member might be a bit much for me to handle.

Why dont you just sandblast it and paint it your self? save some coin while ur at it. Just make sure you support the engine. be easiest if you had an engine hoist..

For my 65 Dart, I bought Duralast lower ball joints ~$60 ea at Autozone w/ free shipping. I reused the uppers since they seem fine, and put new polyurethane boots on both.

Originally, I bought lowers ~$30 ea at RockAuto (Mevatech), but ones listed for disk brakes. I had read several places that disk and drum ball joints were the same, other than the disk ones were more rugged. Since 1/2 the price, I followed that path. When I began to install a year later (its dragging), I found not true. The disk ones not only have larger bolt holes, the bolt spacing is wider. A guy on ebay was recently selling a K-H disk brake setup and suggested one could just drill out their drum ball joints for the bigger bolts. Nope. I'll try to sell my disk ones, along with other "didn't fit" parts when done.

I was trying to stay with the moog parts, at one time they were suppose to be better.
Today I'm not sure, they are probably all made at the same place and put in different boxes.

Ok I'm getting prices of $150 bucks each for the 72 and earlier drum brake ball joints and about $50 bucks each for the uppers

Problem is they don't have them and can't get them.

Found a supplier here in California that carries the moog units in stock for $210 for lowers each and $55 each for uppers.

I need to pull the trigger and get some ordered anybody have a good source for the moog units that may be more affordable. Or maybe I should consider the others brands

We have them in stock for $50 each (lowers) and $27 each (uppers) 8) with FREE SHIPPING

-
Back