Lowering Blocks

-

Demon416

A-Body
Reaction score
Does anyone have before and after photos of their car after lowering the rear with 1 or 2 inch blocks? Thanks.

Flipped front spring hangers. Lowered 1 1/2"

1969dart004.jpg

001.JPG

Here is the before and after of the 72 Scamp that we traded to Redscampi.

Stock without lowering blocks.
1232339136.jpg

After paint with 2" blocks in the rear and T-bars turned down.
DSC04310.jpg

DSC04308.jpg

DSC04312.jpg

I flipped the front hangers on The Duster. That was 4 years ago.
I haven't had any problems. The pinion angle dosn't change.
Why should it change. You didn't change the spring mounts on
the axle.
I hated the stink bug look. So I did it.

I dont have before and after pictures but this is an alternative to lowering blocks. These adjustable spring hangers give the same effect as flipping the stock spring hangers but with these, there is no need to elongate the mounting holes in the body.

This picture is something I grabbed fast from ebay but they sell then in a variety of places including Mancini. I used then to lower the car a bit with super stock springs.

SpringHangers-A-02.jpg

i do tool and die work,so i made my own out of solid mild steel. i tappered them out to act somewhat like a traction aid. my avatar pic is with it lowered. i should have some more pics after the autocross sunday.

Here's 3 heights on the same car. Pic 1 is how I got the car, with 3" blocks in the back. Pic 2 is how the car looked with no blocks at all. I had to remove them when I put the long tube headers on. Pic 3 is with the blocks at about 2", and that's how the car sits now. The torsion bars were adjusted accordingly each time I made a change.

The rims are all 14", so comparing all 3 pics is valid. Note that in pic 3 I have different tires on the front from pic 2; in pic 3 they're 195 65 R14, while pic 2 they're the same as the rear: 215 75 R14.

Swingerc.1993small.jpg

P1010672.jpg

DSC03375.jpg

i do tool and die work,so i made my own out of solid mild steel. i tappered them out to act somewhat like a traction aid. my avatar pic is with it lowered. i should have some more pics after the autocross sunday.
How thick were your blocks? 1,2,3 inches?

684mulas: Can't use those. My car is mini tubbed with different type of spring hangers.

If I could do it over again, I would not have flipped the hangers. I would have bought the Hangers like 684mulas is talking about. Had to rearrange some metal to keep the top of the spring from rubbing.

If I could do it over again, I would not have flipped the hangers. I would have bought the Hangers like 684mulas is talking about. Had to rearrange some metal to keep the top of the spring from rubbing.

Me too but still would have to reset pinon angle.

One of my favorites. It's a lowering kit by Kale Auto,and there description >>>>>>>>>>>http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index:

Some people spend hundreds - even thousands merely to lower their car! Some people even cut their springs - that is the wrong way to lower a car! Why bother with different bolt sizes and components, when KaleCoAuto's do-it-yourself lowering kit is a mere four piece kit! Installs in minutes, just insert one per tire and you'll be the envy of every lowrider in town! Now available in standard, chrome, and gold.

Sorry, I just had to.

LowerKit.jpg

-
Back