Lowering the rear end

-

70coyoteduster

Reaction score
I have SS springs on my Duster. How can I lower the rear a couple of inches to get the stance I'm looking for.

DSC00065(1) (Small).JPG

DSC00069(1) (Small).JPG

I would be willing to trade you for your SS springs

Couple inches, you'd probably be best off getting the springs re-arched, going to a stock style spring, possibly if you have another hole in your front spring hanger using the upper hole (not sure if thats an a-body thing or not).

I have SS springs and went 1" lower with lowering blocks. You could probably do 2" just fine however if you 1/4 mile your car you may have traction/axle wrap issues. To the middle of my rear wheel well is about 26 3/4" if i remember right

P1000122-1.jpg

While perhaps not the best choice, 2" blocks from AutoZone or the like would be the fastest, least expensive ($30) thing to try. Hkellers shackle suggestion would be a step up.

I started with 2", then settled on 1" blocks but that was with HD springs.

Herrick70Duster440med.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you just lower one end of the spring doesn't that change the pinion angle? I tried it and it did on a Dakota I use to have. I didn't like the huge angle change (4* if I remember right) and put the stock hangers back on and installed aluminum lowering blocks I bought at Auto Zone. They didn't change the angle but about once a year they would split in half. I finally made some from 2x3 rectangle steel tubing and never had any problems again in the last 5 yrs. I had the truck.

-
Back