LSx Valiant Build. Take a look inside...

-
O wow my post in this thread was deleted. What's up with that? I guess recommending putting a Whipple charger on a LS motor is not cool around here?

Im a mopar guy. But daily drive a turbo miata I love pretty much anything with power. Props to you man. This is gonna be a beast. Wiked fast Build the car the way YOU want it. Its your car lol

Hey guys and girls,

I couldn't find a section to put this in. Overall, the hemi swap section seemed the most appropriate.

I picked up this Valiant about 3 years ago and since then I've contemplated what direction I wanted to take with it. With a background in lsx vehicles, I naturally wanted to stuff an lsx into it. It soon became apparent however, that the swap was not very common at all. Originallity be damned, I decided to get together with a local fabricator and make it happen.

Here is the result. The goal is to one day turbocharge it, but for now it will be an na build with nitrous. If anybody is interested or has any comments, questions, concerns go ahead and let me know. I'll do all I can to help.

The motor fits better in here than it has ever fit n any stock lsx equipped vehicle I've ever seen.

Took a custom oil pan.

Custom trans member and mount

is it still for sale?

Should you change you mind keep going I think you will have a fine car. I bet if you were prepping for Hellcat you would not have gotten grief lol. But never the less I like out of the box thinking! Solid axle up front make it rat rod if ya like right!:burnout:

Last the OP & I chatted he was busy trying to put his life together....doesn't surprise me that the car has become low/no priority..

I didn't see it on CL... Get your life together is definitely more important than cars.

Any updates on this thread I'm going to be fitting a 5.3 into my 70 duster just curious how this turned out

can get into the 9s easily for very little investment my wifes LS6 made 600rwkw on a breaker motor, total investment was around 6k... its very hard to argue the economics. That motor lasted 3 years turbo and is now NA again and doing circuit work... unopened.

You will be happy to see its now mopar powered though :burnout:

View attachment old.jpg

View attachment 12645090_951113294982150_7902023898127679082_n (1).jpg

View attachment 10644204_713299912096824_8763418546398466215_o (2).jpg

View attachment 10271406_727063030720512_3705525181359628766_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your swap. The LS is a good engine. Me i am more of a Mopar engine in a mopar kinda guy, its what I like, also prefer distributors and carbs to coil on plug ignitions and computer fuel injection however thats my thoughts, and what does it for me for me. I think the fab work to fit it in there from what i could see looks great. Especially the trans mount.

To each their own. Its their car to do what they want to it. The way i see it , this is better than the car just sitting and wasting away somewhere. Also it doesnt look like the crossmember for the tranny mount was butchered in any way. Just swap another mopar K frame back in if the original was cut up to fit an LS, it can easily be converted back to mopar power if so desired.

If i was going automatic trans instead of 4 speed, i would certainly be putting a 200R4 overdrive automatic instead of a mopar automatic. Why you ask? Blasphemy?? Bullshit i say!!!! Its because they make an adaptor and it FITS without chopping up my floorpan or crossmember to make it fit!!!! How about everybody on here using Ford 8.8 rears or ford 9 inch rears. I dont think it makes your car less of a mopar. Is mine more jap than mopar because i am using a denso starter, and denso alternator??? Or heaven forbid i use a GM 4 pin module to fire my mopar distributor. This is the essence of hot rodding. Its what its all about.

I appreciate perfect restorations. And enjoy watching the Buyit Jackman auctions, but the reality is that high dollar numbers matching crap is for the whine n cheese crowd now. The average joe would have to take out a second mortgage for that. Its insane.

Good luck on your build.
Nice Valiant

Matt

I think it's a good build too. Nice is nice.

About the other. All I see is a lot of people I considered friends bein dickwads to someone trying to share a cool build.

For people in a hobby that could possibly be legislated out of existence, that's not cool. I would think we would all be trying to come together.

The guy who was building this car is long gone from this site. As the ridicule continued, he posted the Valiant up for sale on CL. I'm assuming someone else bought it.

Now thats a shame. I wanted to see it get built. Its his car to build how he wants, Some people just plain suck.

thinking very hard about. doing a ls swap in my 74 scamp, and i'd love to talk more about the engine and transmission mounts you used. I am having a very hard time finding out exactly what the swap entails. any help and advice is helpful

searchin' for a candidate for an LS swap. mount kits abound on the interweb to fab something up. appears to be ok to wedge a Cummins between the rails, though. my car-my $-my way.

Just picked up a 72 duster which will get a lq9 with an 88mm turbo. Cannot beat the $ vs hp and ease of it. I will start a thread soon. I have a 408 6.0 liter in my 49 truck that gets 25 mpg and will run 11.00 on real street tires.. Never tried drag radials... As i promised the wife I would quit hot rodding it.

I have a 63 valiant with an LS swap. But mine is a little different. The car is a full tube chassis with a strut front end and a Dana 60/4 link out back. So the swap was done with engine plates with no torsion bars or inner structure to worry about. The engine was also moved back about 10-12 inches in the process. Here's some pics. Haters gonna hate. It's cool. Lol.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It runs 10.80 @ 123 mph in the quarter. But that's my fault. Lol. Let me explain.

It's a 2008 6.0 with a small cam, a carb, and an intake.

I drive the wheels off of it on the street, so gearing and converter are less than optimum. Plus it has a lot of rotating weight with the th400 and Dana 60 spinning 15 x 14 rims with 31 x 16.5 tires.

The next engine will have good pistons and rods and will have the bottle thrown at it. So the gear and converter will work perfect for that. Eric L

I have a 63 valiant with an LS swap. But mine is a little different. The car is a full tube chassis with a strut front end and a Dana 60/4 link out back. So the swap was done with engine plates with no torsion bars or inner structure to worry about. The engine was also moved back about 10-12 inches in the process. Here's some pics. Haters gonna hate. It's cool. Lol.

But no hate that the entire front half of the suspension(maybe back half?) is not mopar? LOL

I'm glad this topic is still alive. I'm currently on the fence about doing one as well. It wasn't ever tried here, but I was looking at some LS swap stuff for early mustangs and it looks like the hooker cast exhaust manifolds would solve the issue that the OP had for header fitment.

They will get over that as well. Lol

They'll probably commend you on a well built chassis. It makes no sense.

Yet, if my next duster/dart is pulled from weeds, given an LS, and driven daily it will be hated nonstop. lol

-
Back