Lucky me

-
WOW.

Years ago, after Dad died, I bought their 86 Dodge 600 (K car). So, VERY FIRST TRIP driving my "new" car home on the 45 mi trip from Mom's a car kicked a pebble into the top left of the windshield, making a great big "C" about 5" across, and of course within 3-4 months, this had spread mostly across the middle.

I've been hit with road hazards myself. :violent1:

Not much you can do, but try to survive and keep going... :banghead:

You never know when the vehicle in front of you will kick up some road debris... #-o

I talked to my Brother yesterday (he is a trainer/driver) and some other truck driver fell asleep and ran into the side of his truck going down the freeway.
It destroyed a rim on the trailer when wheels mixed and marked up the side of his truck in multiple places.
Fortunately it's a leased truck.

A few years back, driven along hwy 12 at 50 mph, a bird flew through my open window, missed my head by inches, scared the poop out'a me, almost ended in the clearwater river.

are you going to fix it or leave it like that...:) Darn rock haulers. Pretty crazy it came across the median like that.

Years ago a very good friend and somebody that I considered and called uncle was killed by a rock that was kicked up from the car in front of him. It came through The window and hit him in the head.

Glad it was not worse and you are OK

Holy Crap Tony, that could have been a lot worse.
Glad to see you made it out okay.
Sucks about the damage to the truck though.......

WHOA! That would have really sucked if it hit your car.
As a motorcycle rider, I've been belted upside the head and chest by a few things that caused a near crash a few times.one of the scary first times was the dark road and the unseen pot hole that had me smack my chin on the gauges on the handle bars. Wobbled all over the road for a bit. Tightened up my sphincter muscles real tight right quick!

At night at 70 MPH driving my 06 charger I got squeezed between a stalled vehicle in my lane and a big rig hauling a flatbed in the lane to my right. I tucked in with that flatbed so tight that my passenger side rear view mirror was folded in. Not a scratch, not even on the mirror housing.

I talked to my Brother yesterday (he is a trainer/driver) and some other truck driver fell asleep and ran into the side of his truck going down the freeway.
It destroyed a rim on the trailer when wheels mixed and marked up the side of his truck in multiple places.
Fortunately it's a leased truck.
Yesterday?

Back when there was more logging around N Idaho, MT, if a truck looked that good they'd put a few more dents in just to make it blend in!!!

-
Back