Lurking newb

-

Daywalker69

Reaction score
Well, I've been lurking and learning, figured it was time to officially say hi.

I'm Billy, from NC. I'm 37 and my wife says i have too many toys!!

Currently I own 2 mini-Mopars, 93 and 94 Shadow ES's (both 5spd/V-6's), a 99 Chrysler T&C, a 90 Eclipse GSX 5spd, and my Daily driver is an 07 Ram 1500 Sport (yes it's got a HEMI in it):love10:

About a month ago, I was looking for a "project car" in the local freebie sales flyer. I saw a 69 Dart for sale, $1200, so I called. What I found was an almost rust free, stripped and spray-bomb primered shell. Perfect for my "plans". I bought the car brought it home and began searching.

All the guys around here are bowtie-guys. I don't slam them or begrudge them, hell some of their cars are sweet. I am a Dodge man at heart, period, no exceptions, so my buds aren't much help in the "what parts fit area".

I DID source out a 440/727 combo out of an OLD motor-home, which I nabbed for $300 (40k on the clock). Some of you may have seen my brake question and know I also picked up a 75 Duster w/running 318 for the running gear for $400. Some of its other parts are going to find it's way onto the car as well.

I snapped a few pics and downsized them, hope they aren't too big for this forum!!

Dart3.jpg

Dart2.jpg

Dart1.jpg

dart4.jpg

dart5.jpg

dart7.jpg

Welcome-and I must ask,where is this 67-69 dart tree located?-theres been some deals had on here lately!,congrats!.

There's only 3 spots on the car that have enough cancer to warrant repair. Just below the Pentastar on the front right fender, the driver's front floorboard (master cyl. leaked), and Left rear wheel well.

The trunk pan was OMG clean, I just haven't uploaded the new pics after clean-up of all the crap he had stored in it.

Billy

Billy - Looks like a solid car. Nice grab for $1200! Green on green too! Are you going to keep it that way? I would, I think green is pretty cool though. Looks like it was a GT model? Has the obligatory trim mounting holes along the side I see. Also dig the Polyglas tires still on it. :thumblef:

What are the plans? Street bruiser w/ the 440...?

Well, the plans include and ego crushing 440, and some way fatter shoes under it. A color change is in order, I've only ever loved one green car :D, and it will remain the only green car I've ever loved. I'm thinking a DEEP metallic purple lower, with a pearl white upper (from the body line up). I'm photo-shopping a couple of ideas, but I'm liking this one the best.

The door panels have Custom 170 or 270 (memory is BAD). I know it wasn't a GT, the vin ran as a high trim w/s6 in it, 3 on the tree :-&.

The 14's will be up for sale soon, trim rings and centers are immaculate. I live the look of them, but they won't fit the BB pattern running gear I'll be using. The tires are showing a bit of dry rot, but the treads are about 90%.

I'm hoping to be done by Valentines. Living in NC has the advantage of cold, but not numbing cold weather. That and I have access to several shops to use for working on it.

Billy

Will you give me 1st dibs on your 14's? I'm looking for a set of steelies for my SBP 67 Dart now to replace my Rallye's. Yours look nice! Let me know, soon as your ready, I'm ready...

I think your color choice would be pretty cool. Post a photoshop pic when your done!

I'll send you a PM too, we can talk offline about the rims...

Thanks!

Welcome-and I must ask,where is this 67-69 dart tree located?-theres been some deals had on here lately!,congrats!.

Wouldn't want to stand under the "Dart tree" but I do enjoy the way they hit this board !
Welcome out of the shadows newbie ! Motor home engine is a 413 if I'm not mistaken. Small differences I dont recall.
Just out of curiosity... were the exhaust manifolds cracked ? Seen it 100 times. LOL Good luck with the project.

Welcome to the forums, and lurk no more my son!! As Kevin's avatar says: "Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies." :) Nice find on that Dart, and good luck with your project.

Jesus man why are there not any deals around here like that! Welcome to the site nice project and a 318 parts car, 440 with 727 for $300 I will be lucky if I can find a 727 for smallblock around here. Good luck with your builds keep us updated on the progress!

Great car and welcome to this great site.
Keep us updated, Congratulations on a great find:D

OK, stupid newb question #1...

I understand this is sort of bench racing, but realisticly, what's the most power this 904 can handle if it's freshened up and a shift kit is installed?

Thanks,
Billy

-
Back