M/C replacement

-

bbeep71

Reaction score
I have a 66 Cuda with dual M/C installed (non-power). What is best way to replace M/C? Remove mounting bolts and pull M/C from pushrod or disconnect pushrod from brake pedal linkage and remove M/C and pushrod together. Thanks

good trick here for that. remove mounting nuts leaving push ron attached. pull MC away from firewall and **** it a little so it is resting on mounting bolts, away from the fire wall, go inside, pull brake pedal up hard and voila, you have just pulled rod out of MC! then remove lines. that rod is hard to get out other wise. Then remove bolt holding rod to pedal. If you have a helper, remove lines first and have helper hold MC to keep it from falling after you remove nuts, You should lossen lines first in any case but leave them connected to hold MC with no helper. Hope this helps. Tim

Thanks Tim for info. After removing M/C without removing pushrod can I now push pushrod into new M/C while still connected to brake pedal?

you can push it back with brake pedal. You might need a new rubber grommet for want of a better name because after you take the rod out it usually wrecks this part. dont for get to bench bleed MC!

For sure you will need the rubber bushing. Old ones are usually hard and come out in pieces. Even a new one will tear up in removing the pushrod. I found that after a test fit. Forgot where I got the extra bushing, perhaps w/ the 2-to-4 adapter plate I bought on ebay.

-
Back