M Code '69 Dart GTS

-
Only worth what someone will pay for it...IMO the market has gone soft...these cars are not bringing the money they did a few years back and likely will continue to decline and stop at a level unknown, likely lower than the resto costs...Some here refuse to admit that. Take a look at the auctions (yes that over rated Scottsdale one as well) and who is buying these cars of ours...Older guys who can now maybe afford what they always wanted? ....I see plenty of projects, more and more being sold because people are realizing the cost of resto these days, so why not just buy one already "done" and go! It's only worth what you can get out of someone's wallet. My point is, (and I don't care what you think it's worth) The price of labor, materials NOS/ Aftermarket parts quite often exceeds current value and value is relative to who wants to pay ...how much is the question. But for the most part the resto will be a know cost, it can be added up roughly. The prices I see hinted here is/are for a top notch Gold cert resto. Many here will never achieve that level and the end price obviously will reflect that. Be real in your expectations of "value" and a guy will be ok.

Ahhh, more clarity now which is always helpful.

So if you’re comfortable paying what you did for it, why are you fishing for validation? If this were a two way street, since you started the thread, you could share what you paid for it. Closure for everyone who contributed to your thread!

I'm getting the chance to buy an original M Code '69 Dart GTS 440 car. I'm having a hard time determining what these cars are worth today. Anybody on here have some recent experience or know or have an opinion about what the M Codes are going for in todays market in any condition?
Thanks for any insight!
If this is the B5 from Colorado, now in California u bought it far. 40k for an original car isn’t bad, as long as that’s ur intentions. Drive and enjoy. Do a ground up I’d be buried $$$$. Nice car I offered less with intentions of restoring it.

Recent MECUM auction last Summer a Mcode went for 55k
Yes this car was bought at a previous Mecum to flip $$, he paid 74k sold it three months later for $55 plus fees (10% + registration + transpiration)! Buying at an auction only shows the winner paid ALL THE MONEY, that’s all!

Yes this car was bought at a previous Mecum to flip $$, he paid 74k sold it three months later for $55 plus fees (10% + registration + transpiration)! Buying at an auction only shows the winner paid ALL THE MONEY, that’s all!
**This car was from Ohio when sold for 74k.

I admit I am glad all I afford these days are slant Dusters!!!! ha.. I admire those that afford the high end cars like the M code cars, If they love the car and not the $$ that it reflects as in (ego).

IMG_1135.JPG
IMG_1134.JPG
I have about 30k Canadian in mine, after a new interior (California car), replacing the inner fenders that had been hacked apart for headers, and buying the correct manifolds for more than they were worth. It is far from a trailer queen but I absolutely love driving it (and i do drive it). It currently has a 75 low compression New Yorker engine but I have a dated 69 HP block waiting. I really wish that it was still A4 silver but that is life, the firewall, floors and trunk still are. There is a little rust in front of the right rear quarter where the rear window leaked a bit but that's about it.

View attachment 1715109902 View attachment 1715109901 I have about 30k Canadian in mine, after a new interior (California car), replacing the inner fenders that had been hacked apart for headers, and buying the correct manifolds for more than they were worth. It is far from a trailer queen but I absolutely love driving it (and i do drive it). It currently has a 75 low compression New Yorker engine but I have a dated 69 HP block waiting. I really wish that it was still A4 silver but that is life, the firewall, floors and trunk still are. There is a little rust in front of the right rear quarter where the rear window leaked a bit but that's about it.
I love A4 Silver!

Ya, me too. A part of me wants to start sanding the crappy Fiat red that the lady who owned it in the 80s painted it, see how much I can get off of the silver paint that's under it. I have a picture of it at the track before it was painted red, I'll see if I can get it onto the iPad so I can post it.

Ahhh, more clarity now which is always helpful.

So if you’re comfortable paying what you did for it, why are you fishing for validation? If this were a two way street, since you started the thread, you could share what you paid for it. Closure for everyone who contributed to your thread!

I recently had a survivor type '69 383 4 speed Dart GTS for a few years that I enjoyed owning and showing but when a '69 M Code Road Runner project came along I had to let it go. During that time I had a good handle on the '69 383 GTS cars values and was able to look up values online in value guides to confirm what I knew. This M Code Dart comes my way and I used my knowledge about the values of the 383 cars and just bumped it up some. And, just to help "validate" as you put it what I already knew, it's only natural to seek outside advice to confirm what I was comfortable in paying for the car on an "A Body Only" web site with potentially experts and guys with real world experience in the M Codes since I couldn't look it up elsewhere. So, there is no conspiracy or ulterior motive to post here, just a genuine interest and excitement in getting a cool new rare car that I have never owned before.

My new M Code just got here. Looks great for a mostly unrestored car! Needs a few things but I'm lookin forward to tinkering on it. I'm happy with it!
69 M Code GTS in shop for first time.jpg

Looks good!!! I just found this post and look forward to more pics!!
My avitar pic is my M-code Bcuda notchback....

Did u get factory exhaust manifolds with it?

Looks good!!! I just found this post and look forward to more pics!!
My avitar pic is my M-code Bcuda notchback....

Did u get factory exhaust manifolds with it?

No. I know the original owner and he pulled those manifolds off pretty much the first day he had the car back in '69! So, I don't think it's that important to have them. The car has nice flowing TTI headers and full exhaust system on it now and runs and sounds awesome.

No. I know the original owner and he pulled those manifolds off pretty much the first day he had the car back in '69! So, I don't think it's that important to have them. The car has nice flowing TTI headers and full exhaust system on it now and runs and sounds awesome.

It's worth alot more with than without them.

It's worth alot more with than without them.

Well, the car isn't going to be restored while it's in my care so no need for them. But, if I were to come across a pair and they were priced right I just might put them on my shelf!

Last edited:
Well, the car isn't going to be restored while it's in my care so no need for them. But, if I were to come across a pair and they were priced right I just might put them on my shelf!

Yes, but this started out as a WIW, and the manifolds can add or detract 2500-3000, unless you get extremely lucky or if you can even find a set. I would be curious how many sets of these manifolds still exist, they were thrown into the trash by the hundreds it seems.

Yes, but this started out as a WIW, and the manifolds can add or detract 2500-3000, unless you get extremely lucky or if you can even find a set. I would be curious how many sets of these manifolds still exist, they were thrown into the trash by the hundreds it seems.
What's a set of these manifolds worth?

At this point i would say more like $3000-4500.....unless you get extremely lucky!!!!
I don't see where having them or not is going to make a big difference. If I buy them the car is worth more, about the cost of what I paid for them more. And if I don't have them the car is worth less, about the cost of not buying them less. So why bother unless I wanted them for a restoration?

I don't see where having them or not is going to make a big difference. If I buy them the car is worth more, about the cost of what I paid for them more. And if I don't have them the car is worth less, about the cost of not buying them less. So why bother unless I wanted them for a restoration?
Yes, but its way more attractive to prospective buyers with them than without.

-
Back