M1 340 replica intake

-

Dustine

Reaction score
Just curious if a M1 DP 340 replica intake is an upgrade over the factory 340 cast iron intake ? I know with it being aluminum there is a big weight savings but is there a noticeable power gain by making the switch ? The intakes look identical other than one being cast iron and one aluminum. My setup is a stock 72 340 factory exhaust manifolds 904 auto 3:23 SG Eddy 600 pretty much how it left the factory except the carb . I do have a set of 3:91’s I plan on putting in soon hopefully to wake it up a bit

In my opinion, no, it's a step down. A pretty big one, too. It's nowhere near as high as the stock 340 intake. Although there is that weight difference thing.

In my opinion, no, it's a step down. A pretty big one, too. It's nowhere near as high as the stock 340 intake. Although there is that weight difference thing.
Ok thanks I don’t mind the extra weight it is only a street cruiser so the extra weight is fine with me . If I can get my hands on an LD340 do you think that would make a difference I could notice ?

Ok thanks I don’t mind the extra weight it is only a street cruiser so the extra weight is fine with me . If I can get my hands on an LD340 do you think that would make a difference I could notice ?
Yup. For sure.

-
Back