made in canada sticker placement?

-

convx4

Reaction score
The attached file is a picture of the Canada export sticker from the door jam of my 1970 dart. I did not take a picture of its placement befor repaint, and have forgot where it goes. Can some one help me so I can put the new sticker in the right place. Bill S.

canada 972.jpg

I can under stand that no one took the time to help on moparts.com. But On the A-body only web page, I thought that I could get some help. Someone has got to have a 1970 dart made in Canada that still has this sticker in place. A picture would be nice. I have a repop sticker that was not hard to find.

canada 972.jpg

I checked my 66 Valiant and my 67 Dart GT, both Canadian built vehicles, but neither of them has that sticker. Sorry, but I don't have a 70 Dart lying around. Maybe that sticker was just put on vehicles built for export and neither of mine were.

Try Alan Gallant Automotive Restorations.He will know for sure.Check out his website,the man does incredible restorations.His current project is shown in Mopar collectors guide.

Thanks for your help.
I will hold on to this new sticker till later.

I have a U.S. built Dart in Canada. Never got an import sticker from you guys..lol just some complicated importation papers. Cant register the car here until I get a Federal inspection and a Provincial inspection. Cant get the inspections until car is restored. Hope they dont have a statute of limitations on car registration. Love it up here....yes...I Am Canadian...

convx4 you got it in the right place. it goes on the drivers door. here is another pic from another car (71) for reference. it is just to the right of where yours is. the one on my wifes dart (71) is also in the same spot as yours but slightly higher up. i guess it varies from car to car slightly. i think your looks better where you put it to me.....

door jam correct.jpg

That is a Transport Canada National Safety Mark. It is required on vehicles whether they are exported or not.

Mine is on the drivers door as well, but not nearly as neat, probably some kid working a summer job stuck it on.

Hey convx4
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.
My 72 Dart has the sticker right where you placed yours .
Only maybe 1" Higher.

Trust me, the guys that slapped the decals on were not quite as worried about where they placed them as we are now. I have seen them come thru with the federal motor vehicle standards stickers on upside down!!
Mopar quality back then was a bit poor.
One car came thru with the vin plate upside down. The DMV has a fit over that one and threatened not to register it until it was fixed. When we informed them that the only way to remedy that was to return it to the factory as the manufacturer is the only one that could LEGALLY apply the vin plate.
And the federal law only states that it had to be READABLE from the outside.

Here is a picture of my 1972 Dart Swinger's original Door Stickers:
2006-07-21 72 Dart Swinger (0).jpg

And a close up of the Door Data Tag since it is so different from the others posted here:
2006-07-21 72 Dart Swinger (3).jpg

Hope this helped!

Later,
Bruce B.

2006-07-21 72 Dart Swinger (0).jpg

2006-07-21 72 Dart Swinger (3).jpg

I've had a couple of J Bodies that were manufactured in Canada and they had the same stickers as well (maybe because they were made there?).

Just referring about 1970 dodge dart swingers.
Can anyone give me a correct answer why they where put on.

Canadian built 1970 dodge dart swinger being shipped to the US or other destination ?
All Canadian built 1970 dodge dart swingers got this sticker regardless of where they where being shipped to?

All US cars build 1970 dart swingers shipped to Canada or other distinctions ?
I was under the impression that all 1970 dart swingers where built in Canada not the US.

What is the part number on the sticker, I can not quite make it out?

1970 Darts were made at LA late in the model year, I own one. Hamtramck also but only one known to me from there so far, from very early in the model year.

My 72 Scamp was built in Canada and its actually in good shape for your reference. I will post a pic in a minute.
Also where can I get a repop Canada sticker?
One more thing, where can I get a new VIN sticker made?, as well as getting all of the factory stickers. I think Year One offered that a long time ago and I dont know if they still do?
Please let me know

-
Back