Made my own id today

-
Thanks for the welcome everyone!!!!

Good Job Jake! I like the old tow tabs. It looks real 60's race car. It might be cool to keep them depending on what your plans are for the car. What direction do you think you'll go?

Thanks. The tow tabs were used to tow it behind an old motorhome on vacations. The old guy offered dad the motorhome for free if he would just drag it out of there. He would do it for the 440, but mom would kill him over that one probobly...lol Dad joked about making it a race car and towing it behind his 69 Fury, but that's not happining. We already cut the tow tabs off. They were welded to the frame, and the guy cut the lower valance to allow them to stick out. We can fix that easy enough. My plans are to keep the 273 if it is savable since it is froze up, do the car in black with a plumb crazy formula s stripe. It has black interior. Pretty much a stock rebuilt/restore to make it a daily driver to school and work when I get a job next year.

Things i already have for it:
7-1/4 sure grip rear complete form a 68 Valiant
a week later Dad stole an 8-3/4 rear drum-drum 3.23 suregrip for $150 !!!
both brake light lenses (still need the reverse light lenses)
full set of complete sbp rally wheels with cone style centers
left 1/4 panel from Alabama
right fender from Texas
right 1/4 waiting for us in Pittsburgh

So I now have everything to make the car whole again, just need time to get it done. So far we have the left side floors done and the rights are cut out. Dad has the 318 from his 90k mile 69 Coronet for me if my 273 is wasted.

Goodonya Jake! Looks like dad has you on the right track.
Keep up posting those pics and we can all enjoy your experience

Good luck from Downunder

-
Back