Made the final at Monster Mopar Weekend!

-

flyfish

C8H18+N2O = :-D
Reaction score
Winner winner chicken dinner!!! The good Lord was nice enough to give us some clear sky Sunday right up until the final round...right after I won the semi final it started raining. I was chopping the tree down all day long :D. It was a very good day indeed...me and the other finalist split the pot.....can you say KaCHING!!! $$$$ :D.

I had a GREAT time at Monster Mopar this year. It was nice to meet a few FABO members there too :)

Congrats on the win!!!!!!! Money in the bank.... K-ching

great job,who got runner up

I forget his first name, but he had a black duster (very nice car), dialed 10.98 ish most of the day, fairly young guy.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I was in the Sportsman category (foot-brake).

Outstanding news to see this morning flyfish:cheers:
I had to head back home sunday and I took the bad weather with me, I sure enjoyed seeing everyone and wish I could have made it to the other side of the track to meet everyone and take pictures Saturday, but mother nature kept
us busy Saturday..

So happy to see everyone had a great Sunday :cheers:

this fallowed me back south Saturday evening :glasses7:

Attachments

• Monster MoPar 2013 072.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 249
Outstanding! Hope to make it back there one of these years.
Now you'll have to come out to the 2014 Moparty At The Strip in Las Vegas and show us how you did it. LOL

Yeah, there were dark clouds around for much of the day, but it kept missing till JUST after I won the semi final...I picked up my time slip and right after it started raining.

I had a good weekend chopping down the tree (and yes, I'm a foot-brake racer).

Friday practice:

Saturday: total rain out.

Sunday lights:
Practice: 0.005
Round 1: 0.020
Round 2: 0.004
Round 3: Bye run into the semi final thanks to my 0.004 light :D. I didn't try to cut a light on that one, so I won't mention it.
Round 4: 0.044 (worst of the weekend)....we were RUSHING up to the lanes as a VERY dark cloud approached, I think that threw me off a little...or, at least that's what I'm telling myself, LOL. My car picked up a TON on this pass, I really had to drive the stripe hard.

I had to correct my post above...I was going from memory and forgot I was 0.035 red the second time trial (not 0.005, that was apparently a slip from the week before...my bad). I was checking out MOV on the time slips and noticed my error....woops!

Great Job !! It was a father and son team out of Mississippi I have met them at the gate 3 years in a roll wating to get on Friday . Nice people killer car to

QUOTE=flyfish;1970041388]I forget his first name, but he had a black duster (very nice car), dialed 10.98 ish most of the day, fairly young guy.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I was in the Sportsman category (foot-brake).[/QUOTE]

Congrats! i went out in rd 2 of pro. Sleeping at the light. Just happy to race after 10 yrs of being out of it. My car never missed a beat.

I was at the track an saw you run all day . I came out to say hi
But I did not see u around so I went back to the stands an watched
Some more racing. I left after your semi round run got rain all the way home to the Far East side. Great job man. I am happy for you..

That black duster was a fast car. He was running good all day long.
I like you old red dodge truck .

I was at the track an saw you run all day . I came out to say hi
But I did not see u around so I went back to the stands an watched
Some more racing. I left after your semi round run got rain all the way home to the Far East side. Great job man. I am happy for you..

That black duster was a fast car. He was running good all day long.
I like you old red dodge truck .

Sorry I missed ya, I was kinda all over the place that day.

I have been racing my car in the sportsman class in the Summit ET series which has a bottom dial of 12.0, and I had to add a lot of weight, retard timing, etc to get there. Since I have another ET race next weekend I didn't change much on the car, I just hooked up the secondaries and took out the extra seat (40+ lbs) and raced it. With the air we had Sunday she would have run a high 10.8x all out, but I was looking for consistency.

The guy in the Duster said he would be at Norwalk for the next Monster Mopar race...we are hoping that we get a chance to meet up in the final again (that would be cool)...I think it would have been a great race. :toothy10:

-
Back