Magazine Mistake

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
June 22, Mopar Action, page 90

Someone doesn't know his left from his right.

PXL_20220409_143147527.jpg

It is not unusual for magazines to make mistakes, or lie, some of them fairly major. A couple I remember from the '70's
1....(Car Craft) Project whatever it was called 32. This was a series of articles, like "Project X" At some point they took the car to a shop to build a driveshaft, you know, a "professional," an "expert." HE CUT THE TUBE on the driveshaft, PUT CARDBOARD INSIDE, and welded the tube back together
2....I wish I had this. This was a small "boxes" with borders item way way WAY in the back of one of the magazines. What it said, essentially, is that "sometimes when we test cars" "and we think the fuel, the tires, the state of tune, the driver's sobriety, etc etc etc..........was not optimum, WE CHANGE THE STRIP TIMES TO MAKE THEM BETTER"

So there you have it. They make mistakes, and they lie. But you knew that, right?

It is not unusual for magazines to make mistakes, or lie,
The Mopar Collector Guide editor told me that. If he didn't know he makes stuff up.
I had a article done on my brothers car in a on line magazine not long ago. They showed pictures of a interior of bucket seats and console in black. The car had straight seats and they were tan....

I worked for a couple shops in the '90's where we built, or had a hand in building, several cars that were featured in different major magazines. ALOT of made up/ just plain wrong info in almost every article. I don't believe a thing I read in any of them.

i laugh when people get all excited over the numbers a magazine build puts out. can't believe any of the **** in them.

Last edited:
DCC5A54B-77A9-4096-87DB-BEF32A7F1E82.jpeg

69 cast iron water pump. Description looks right to me.

when publishing became unprofitable partly due to the internet, magazines laid off staff and advertised for free lance writers who know nothing of what there writing about, they are paid per word.

Not Rick Ehrenburg. He has forgotten more about mopars than you will ever know.

Yeah, he just got his timing marks switched side to side. Prolly a senior moment, he's pushing 80.

and you would think some one with your expertise would know that rick is not a free lance writer

many posts over the years. he used to post on various forums.

the worst was probably him mouthing off about how using the F,M,J body spindle was a dangerous swap or caused bind or some ****... probably bad mouthed it because it wasn't his idea... he was proven wrong in this article Spindle Comparison by bill reilly using measurements and facts instead of bullshit opinions...

Last edited:
-
Back