Magnum 360 crank balancer

-

WacDad Miller

Reaction score
Im getting ready to balance my rotating assembly, its a stock Magnum 360 crank with stock rods and KB 107 .030” pistons. I am using a nuetral balance B&M flex plate, and a 727 TF nuetral balance torque converter. Any suggestions on a good crank balancer? Street/strip use.

If you’re going to leave it an external balance engine, the stock one is fine for general performance. It’ll handle street strip duties just fine.

If you’re internal balancing the engine, a Fluid damper is about the best there is. Also. TCI Rattler is excellent.

You can get cheaper SFI approved balancers. That’s solely your call.

If the back end of the crank is going to have "neutral weighted" components, the front end of the crank should also have neutral components. Staying with Magnum front stuff, you at least would now be looking for a 5.2L Magnum balancer.

Well, that helps, I think. I need to have the crank polished, and I have installed new pistons on the existing rods. So it only makes sence to have the whole she-bang balanced to ensure no vibration and longgevity. Figured I would go ahead and have it balanced nuetral because of the parts I have already aquired. Just trying to make it as good as I can without having to buy an entire bottom end. My crank and rods look beautiful!

I just had the machine work done on my 5.9 Magnum. Stock rotating assembly with .030 over pistons. I'm leaving it externally balanced and just had him check and make sure everything was in order. Using a McLeod flywheel with their 5.9 weights and the stock balancer.
Have you got a price to have it changed to internal balance? My guy said could be $600-800.00 depending on how much mallory he has to use.
B&M makes a flex plate to use a neutral balance convertor on a 5.9.

If the back end of the crank is going to have "neutral weighted" components, the front end of the crank should also have neutral components. Staying with Magnum front stuff, you at least would now be looking for a 5.2L Magnum balancer.
If the crank is using a neutral balance at the rear, the front can be ether zero or external balance. It’s up to the flex plate to keep the external balance or be set for a zero balance converter.

My 5.9 is external balance. Stock balancer up front with a B&M flex plate for a neutral converter.

-
Back