Magnum rocker question.

-

dusterdoug

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Will small block Chevy rockers work? Of course with drilling and tapping the heads for 3/8 studs.

It "appears" that the magnum roller rocker kits are all Chevy stuff, including the stud girdles that some offer.

Thanks!

Yep, there are a ton of choices if you change to a 3/8 stud.

I know there is a 5/16 to 3/8 conversion stud available, but that just seems like a failure looking for a place to happen.

I know there is a 5/16 to 3/8 conversion stud available, but that just seems like a failure looking for a place to happen.
I wouldn't worry, Oldsmobiles use 'em, i've got a 455 out there runnin' on the street w/over .600" lift & Harland Sharps 1.6 rockers. Been together since '07, they're built
to do what You need them for...............

I just this minute called Jomar and they still make a stud girdle for the Magnum head using the Chevrolet rockers. It will fit the Edelbrock Magnum head also. Jomar part number 1190.

I wouldn't worry, Oldsmobiles use 'em, i've got a 455 out there runnin' on the street w/over .600" lift & Harland Sharps 1.6 rockers. Been together since '07, they're built
to do what You need them for...............

Very interesting. What are your spring pressures?

Can't recall off the top of My head, I do remember they were Engles Duals, no dampers installed @ 2.0", I'll look around for my notes later...........

EDIT; 1.75" installed ht.

Last edited:
I have a nice gently used set of comp 3/8 rockers if you need them.

That's pretty close to to my springs, 125/310. Interesting...

What do y'all think is the limit of the OE magnum rocker if anchored with a stud rather than a bolt?

limit of what? changes in parts sometimes require adjustments in rocker system. adjustable stud system? what lifters?

Lol...scratch that question. Stock rockers won't work with what I want to do.

-
Back