Magnumforce Frame Connectors

-

Raul

Reaction score
Is the Magnumforce bolt on frame connector good for a stroked 340 to 417 CID? Will it keep the unibody from twisting on hard drag racing launches. Will it also take the abuse of wheelies when the car comes down from the front tires off the ground? Are they good enough just to be bolted on the '68 fastback??

Sounds more like an “everything welded to everything else” application to me, home fabricated with some 1/8 to 5/32 inch wall channel steel cut to fit into place. Tie your driveshaft retention loop into it in a way to add additional strength. Sounds like your going to have to roll cage it anyway, may as well go ahead and give yourself something to tie it into.

Don't know. Don't know what they look like and I'm not goin on a wild goose chase to find out.

I wouldn't buy them just because they are made by Magnumforce. Bolt-in connectors are worthless anyway it's impossible to get them rigidly attached to the structure of the car like weld-in connectors do. I think @Garrett Ellison knows what's up...

...Will it keep the unibody from twisting on hard drag racing launches. Will it also take the abuse of wheelies when the car comes down from the front tires off the ground?
if you're building a car that can hook up that hard, concerning yourself with not having to weld in the subframe connectors, is a little strange

Anything that carries the front wheels off the line for any distance at all is probably going fast enough to mandate a roll cage. Usually a whole lot of roll cage at that! It becomes a safety necessity not so much in the event of a crash. It's function is to make the car rigid enough to keep it from trying to steer itself under extreme twist and avoiding a crash to start with. It's in a whole different realm way past the bolt in make believe componentry of the "pro fairground show car" scene.

if you're building a car that can hook up that hard, concerning yourself with not having to weld in the subframe connectors, is a little strange
Didn't want to go the extra mile, I guess...But an ounce of prevention is better than being sorry in the end.

Thank you for All your input....I'm really new when it comes to upgrades, and higher HP with higher Torque output. I've decided to weld on the frame connectors. Garrett Ellison- What did you mean by tieing the driveshaft retention loop into it? Adding strength is the ultimate goal and it's not so much about pulling the front end off the ground as much as the hard launches from the starting line at the tree. I have no idea how my car will act like with my upgraded engine, but I do want to be prepared and don't want my body twisting so as to crack the finish of the exterior paint or rack the body out of alignment to its body lines of beauty. "Mopar or No Car" Are there suspension upgrades I should look into or will the stock front end handle a beefed up 340? I'm gonna guess an output of at least 400-425HP to the wheels on the Dyno.

cuda.jpg

detailed.jpg

These cars are NOT Chevys...We are used to having the aftermarket avoid us, when they do offer stuff, a LOT of it is ****. Stuff that clearly wasn't designed right, requires extensive modification to fit....
The vendors used to shrug and say.."Oh well, that is all there is".
SCrew that. When you accept bad service, it validates bad service.
Parts have gotten better over the years but many of us long term Mopar guys are still skeptical about the quality of aftermarket stuff.
Ron Jerkoff from Magnum Force has a real checkered history of quality control.

These cars are NOT Chevys...We are used to having the aftermarket avoid us, when they do offer stuff, a LOT of it is ****. Stuff that clearly wasn't designed right, requires extensive modification to fit....
The vendors used to shrug and say.."Oh well, that is all there is".
SCrew that. When you accept bad service, it validates bad service.
Parts have gotten better over the years but many of us long term Mopar guys are still skeptical about the quality of aftermarket stuff.
Ron Jerkoff from Magnum Force has a real checkered history of quality control.
^^^^^^^
LOL

-
Back