Major League Baseball Wants To Speed Up Play

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Opening Day!

As baseball fans know, MLB wants to speed up play and are now enforcing existing rules to do so.

Except in this case:
* It rains a lot in Miami so the stadium has a state-of-the-art retractable roof to prevent rain delays and game cancellations
* It started to rain heavy during the Marlins home-opener today
* Nobody bothered to close the roof when it looked like it may start to rain. You have to close the roof to keep the rain off the field - DUH!
* Because the stadium has a retractable roof, the Marlins don't have a tarp to cover the infield - because you're supposed to close the roof before it starts to rain.
* There was a 16-minute rain delay in Miami today...

Good thing baseball isn't "rocket science"!

They need to break up that slow jam on the mound!! From the obsessive antics of the starters, the trips to the mound by the catcher, 2nd baseman, left fielder, hot dog vendor, and anybody else who wants to come, to the revolving door out of the bullpen, it would shorten up the game by a good 15 minutes!!!

They need to break up that slow jam on the mound!! From the obsessive antics of the starters, the trips to the mound by the catcher, 2nd baseman, left fielder, hot dog vendor, and anybody else who wants to come, to the revolving door out of the bullpen, it would shorten up the game by a good 15 minutes!!!

^^^^^^^^^^ This^^^^^^^^^ get up there and throw the damn ball.Also tell the batters to adjust their batting gloves before they get in the batters box.Drives me nuts when they have to step out and loosen and tighten them 3 or 4 times between each pitch. Happy Base ball is here...My favorite stick and ball sport.:D:D

This too!!!^^^^^^ Drives me nuts when they step out and adjust their gloves after every pitch, even if they didn't swing!!! Why???

No batting gloves allowed would cure that. Just tough it out bare handed like the old-timers did.

Giving the home plate umpire the option of calling a delay of game penalty by charging the offending team with balls or strikes would also help. It's time to put the umpires in control again.

Baseball would be exciting if they allowed checking and fighting. Put down a sheet of ice and armored themselves with helmets, pads and sticks instead of bats. Remove the batter and place a net around the catcher. And no stoppage of play. And a strict player weight limit. Teeth are optional as are bad attitudes.

Baseball would be exciting if they allowed checking and fighting. Put down a sheet of ice and armored themselves with helmets, pads and sticks instead of bats. Remove the batter and place a net around the catcher. And no stoppage of play. And a strict player weight limit. Teeth are optional as are bad attitudes.

Nope.....sounds like ice hockey which sucks in my books :):)

Speed up the game: Each batter get's one pitch. IF it's a ball, the batter takes his base, it's it's in the strike zone, he either hits the ball, or he's out.

NEXT!

Speed up the game: Each batter get's one pitch. IF it's a ball, the batter takes his base, it's it's in the strike zone, he either hits the ball, or he's out.

NEXT!

That vision made me laugh out loud. One addition. Pitcher has ten seconds to pitch the one pitch.

Adopt many of the slow-pitch softball rules.You go to bat 1-1 to start..If the pitcher wants to walk you they send you without any pitches..if you homer over the fence just go to the dugout.... I can hear the baseball purist screaming right now. Baseball is my favorite sport but could use some tweaking.

Darn, BrianT beat me to the 4 foul balls and you're out (except I say 3). Moving faster is OK with me. Sometimes it seems like you can see the grass grow.

there should be a 10 second shot clock. right next to the batter box so the batter has 10 seconds to huck loogies , grab his sack , adjust and tighten up his man diaper, and the pitcher has 10 seconds to throw the damn ball. you are only allowed 20 seconds between pitches to spit more giant green loogies.

The minor leagues are experimenting starting this year with a 20 second pitch clock. It is what it is, like a shot clock in basketball and 45 second clock in pro football to get the play off. If it works well, Major League will put it in play probably next year. It will speed the game up. Joe Torres saw it in action in Japan and was impressed. It has his blessing. We'll see what happens.

Why would they want to speed up play........

The longer the game, the more commercials there are...........

Make a game 6 innings, which is still 7 innings too long! :)

Nope.....sounds like ice hockey which sucks in my books :):)

it was good until Gary Bettman bastardized the game. Haven't watched a second of the last two seasons. Might return when a true hockey fan finally offs that little POS.

As far as baseball, what they need to get rid of now is the manager visiting with the umpire while waiting to find out whether or not to challange a play. Most ridiculous implementation of the challenge rule in any sport.

there should be a 10 second shot clock. right next to the batter box so the batter has 10 seconds to huck loogies , grab his sack , adjust and tighten up his man diaper, and the pitcher has 10 seconds to throw the damn ball. you are only allowed 20 seconds between pitches to spit more giant green loogies.

But the loogies are the "secret ingredient" to make the grass grow better.... :color:

-
Back