Making my hemi scoop functional.

-
Nice!
But I would round the edges around where the foam goes... but that would ruin your braces. I think it looks cool how it is.. But rounding it and black or orange paint would look more oem.

Nice!
But I would round the edges around where the foam goes... but that would ruin your braces. I think it looks cool how it is.. But rounding it and black or orange paint would look more oem.

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines.
I could just take the point out of the edges maybe back a half inch and round everything off nicely.

I'm thinking wrinkle black for the baseplate and brackets.:supz:

That is what I would go with, you have enough orange in the engine to off-set the black. Going orange would be to much.
AL

I'm thinking wrinkle black for the baseplate and brackets.:supz:[/QUOTE]

That is so sweet it's not funny. GREAT job. Those flow tops really do work well. What is that shroud from on your Griffin ran?
I have the same set-up I was looking at goinf electric but is I can find a shroud like that I would be laughing.
Thanks
AL

Believe it or not, that shroud is from a slant six 76 dart.
I have two rubber air foils that snap onto the lip on the edge of the top and bottom of the radiator the bridge the gap between the shroud and radiator since I had to fab brackets (imagine that) to get the shroud where I wanted it.
The rubber air foils can be found on any Mercedes ML SUV from 1998-2004.
You can order them from the MB dealership for about $12.00 a piece and they snap on nice and firm on the griffin rad.

In addition to the cheapo flex fan I am using , I aslo have a back up pusher fan in front of the radiator for when I am at long red lights or caught in traffic.

As you can se I like to MacGiver stuff.

That is what I would go with, you have enough orange in the engine to off-set the black. Going orange would be to much.
AL

I'm thinking wrinkle black for the baseplate and brackets.:supz:
[/QUOTE]

I need to get someone to photoshop different color options for me.=P~

Thats great work! Yes do the Wrinkle paint. I think trimming the back of the base plate to follow the curve of the foam might be nice too.

if ya get the red yellow mopar airfilter sticker you could put on on the front of the base...after the wrinkle paint...then tell everyone its a very rare ma-mopar part! Ha HA!

Good job Spaz!

ALOHA!

Honestly spaz I think it looks pretty cool unpainted. I mean, looks like a race piece without paint on it. But if I were to paint it I think the only option would be black.

Thats great work! Yes do the Wrinkle paint. I think trimming the back of the base plate to follow the curve of the foam might be nice too.

if ya get the red yellow mopar airfilter sticker you could put on on the front of the base...after the wrinkle paint...then tell everyone its a very rare ma-mopar part! Ha HA!

Good job Spaz!

ALOHA!

Are you guys reading my mind or something?
Ha, ha, I was thinking of something subtle like that myself.

Here is a very crude black out of the base plate I did in photoshop.

The baseplete almost disappears, and I agree that keeping it bare metal would give it a more of a race look.

13.jpg

Are you guys reading my mind or something?
Ha, ha, I was thinking of something subtle like that myself.

Here is a very crude black out of the base plate I did in photoshop.

The baseplete almost disappears, and I agree that keeping it bare metal would give it a more of a race look.

Nope.. We all all just nuts.

Does your hood have the seal that sits on the radiator support when closed? That helps the shroud work even better.

Nice job cudaspaz! I bet the hp has gone up...cool air is def worth hp.

My sick mind is wondering.

Hey rumblefish, you told me to go wild right? he, he.

I was thinking some dummy Nitrous solenoids in these two locations in RED complete with dummy braided lines disappearing under the base......just to piss people off. LOL.

14-2.jpg

nitrous.jpg

Okay , now I'm getting carried away.

My sick mind is wondering.

Hey rumblefish, you told me to go wild right? he, he.

I was thinking some dummy Nitrous solenoids in these two locations in RED complete with dummy braided lines disappearing under the base......just to piss people off. LOL.

Okay , now I'm getting carried away.

Nahh..:angry7:
if you are putting the nitrous solenoids then put the rest of the system on there too.. :toothy10:

Nahh..:angry7:
if you are putting the nitrous solenoids then put the rest of the system on there too.. :toothy10:

I know, I'm just playing around, but it would look cool though.

Now my gears are turning, I wonder how much, if any nitrous this engine could handle without going kaboom?

If it could handle it, I would not want much anyways, just enough to let you know it's there without turning all the innerds green and exploding.

I know, I'm just playing around, but it would look cool though.

Now my gears are turning, I wonder how much, if any nitrous this engine could handle without going kaboom?

If it could handle it, I would not want much anyways, just enough to let you know it's there without turning all the innerds green and exploding.

45-50 shots are not that hard on an engine. And even 25 would be a nice kick.

Don't know if these help at all but I jumped in photoshop and did one close to body color and one in black. Still think the unpainted looks cool on your car.

11-12.jpg

11-123.jpg

Nice job hemizach!

Thanks for that.
yeah I seem to agree that the unpainted look definitely gives it a more racy look to it.

Nice work Spaz,I,m thinking on doing the same for my 66 Dart(with snorkle scoop)I also just noticed that we have the same M/T covers.Were yours done by Leanna also?I like the idea of more HP from your work!8)

I' would either pick the natural finish and clear coat it or the body color rendering.Black is too dark.

Nice work Spaz,I,m thinking on doing the same for my 66 Dart(with snorkle scoop)I also just noticed that we have the same M/T covers.Were yours done by Leanna also?I like the idea of more HP from your work!8)

No, leanna did not do them otherwise they would look stellar as they really look like crap right now since I used rattle can wrinkle black, yuk, don't do it, have them done right.

I' would either pick the natural finish and clear coat it or the body color rendering.Black is too dark.

Well i took it to a pretty big show today, lots of very hight dollar rides there, and the hood scoop baseplete sure turned some heads.
There were alot of comments on it and all postitive.
I was sitting across the street watching people's and they all seemed to gravitate toward the new add on instantly.
I saw people looking under the hood, then looking back at the scoop, and going"Huh, so that's how that works."
It made quite a few people feel important as they explained to their wives or girlsfriends how it worked.
I think i will leave it just how it is.. but I broke down on the highway on my way home from the show, yep, I lost a clutch linkage rod, don't ask, but I had a cool wrecker come get me.

-
Back