Making my own upper control arms

-

Badart

Reaction score
These will have the same dimensions as the factory arms, but they will have adjustment fore and aft for caster adjustment. The bump stop will contact the arm in the same position as stock. I have looked at a few different designs and taken ideas from a couple. I figure that I can make them for about a 1/3 of the cost of new ones. Wish me luck. PM me with questions. :D

Attachments

• Jigs.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,144
  • Parts.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 1,164
Good luck! :D

I'm interested to see what you come up with.

I figured you would sooner or later lol can't wait to see what they look like may be interested if I don't pull the trigger on a pair

Good luck...after seeing what you have done so far...I think they will turn out just great.

Dang, that didn't take long. :) just dropped those (upper control arms) off to you last night.

I'm excited to see them done. Sorry I couldn't get over there and help with your Dart, it's been a crazy week for me. Hopefully it will slow down a little for a while now.

I had a feeling these were coming, love your work so I held off on purchasing RMS arms to wait and see. They would compliment your LCAs nicely, Put me on the list! I'm gonna need to put a DCC sticker on my car with all your stuff that's going into it haha :burnout:

Any chance you'll be putting out those strut rods you were working on?

The jigs aren't pretty, but they don't have to be. I still need to find a couple of 1 3/4" collars and run one more bar for bracing then they are ready.

Cool John! You know I'll be watching. You make great parts!

Spent a couple of hours last night machining some parts for the jig and spacers and slugs where the rod ends mount. The width of the arms will have to be spot on to work with the spacers. I was actually able to get +-.005" with a set of spacers and a rod end. I want a good fit. I have triple measured 3 different cars and they were all up to .010" off so I took an average. :banghead: I should have the set welded up tonight if all goes to plan.

Attachments

• Spacers.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 990
-
Back