"Man Cave" and Ham Shack"

-

"Dart67"

Reaction score
Over the past five years I have been slowly working on my "Man Cave" and Ham Shack".

It all started out With me removing the support columns form under this I-Beam and then lowering the I-beam almost 8 feet.

DSC03828-1.jpg

The columns and I-beam are 3/8" x 5 1/2" x 16". The columns are 15 feet tall. The I-beam is just shy of 28 feet long.

Once I had the I-beam lowered and tied in to the structure, I started to build.

My build has been interrupted a few times by a hip replacement and a lost summer due to a miss diagnosed heart problem that was not a problem.

Over the last two and a half weeks I have made a lot of progress.

Here are a few photos of the progress from the start to where I am today.

The room is 8ft x 8ft x 27 ft and will be the home of all my deer hunting and car memorabilia as well as my Ham radio shack.

I am planing to paint a large blue MOPAR "M" logo between the windows and "MOPAR or NO Car" below it.
On the left side I may put the new Dodge logo and on the right a RAM logo.

Herb

DSC03831-1.jpg

DSC03846-1.jpg

DSC03849-1.jpg

DSC03852-1.jpg

DSCF2024-1.jpg

DSCF2061-1.jpg

DSCF2067-1.jpg

That is nice.

Thank You.

I forgot to mention, a great deal of the material that I have used is recycled from a couple of old structures that I have torn down and salvaged.

Also I have done most all the work by myself with help from my Wife and spl440 from time to time.

Herb

Last edited:
If I could find a 40 foot beam I would do my barn the same way. You are smart to do it yourself and use recycled wood.

well it's a good thing you're not busy - I swear I can see dirt on that Dart... :lol: - really nice stuff!!!!!

-
Back