Mancini Racing Overcharge?

-

Rob Di Valentin

Demon 340
Reaction score
I just bought new 340A-c5 headers which came with collectors... price should be $816 for the headers and $66 shipping. Total should be $882.00 On my Visa statement my bill is $945. What gives!! Anyone else have this issue. They charge 63 $ to take my phone order...

I email them the next day after phoning in the order to get a copy of the receipt and heard nothing.
Not Impressed with Mancini... my first and last order with this company

Not so fast. Call them back again, :mad:complaining here does nothing to solve your concern. They are an old, well established Mopar parts supplier and don't stay in business by "ripping people off". Talk to someone in their customer service department and give them a chance to make it right. Try to use a little honey. Not attitude. Don't worry, be happy. Life is too short.:)

Not so fast. Call them back again, :mad:complaining here does nothing to solve your concern. They are an old, well established Mopar parts supplier and don't stay in business by "ripping people off". Talk to someone in their customer service department and give them a chance to make it right. Try to use a little honey. Not attitude. Don't worry, be happy. Life is too short.:)

Well Said MoparLeo, well Said.
NRA supporter and member

They charge way too much for shipping and handling is my experience... 1 and done for me..
A&A just charged me 30$ S&H on a trany governor for my 904 . It was a 4"×4" box that weighed nothing !
Hope they spend that money wisely !

What currency is your Visa card? (USD or CAD).

Nothing but fast, courteous and accurate dealings for me from Mancini. Including TTI's.

And the guy that hosed with my ex was an NRA supporter.... guess that makes him ok...lol

I wonder if it has something to do with shipping to Ontario or Canadian currency, I have dealt with Mancini's and have had nothing but good experiences with them, but then again I do not need shipping from them either.

True I was, the guy I spoke with at Mancini said the 66 shipping was the same to Mancini or UPS in Port Huron so why drive the extra distance and besides its was the Bluewater Cruise weekend

I see you bought some headers from Mancini's that they did not have in stock and they had them shipped to Port Huron. Yes if the shipping was the same I would have done that also, but you need to contact Mancini's and have them explain the extra charge on your card, I am sure they will explain it or re-fund it if it was wrong. They are really good people to deal with.

I live 5 miles away from there shop. They have alway been top notch at the counter with me. I have no issues with them.
:thumbsup:

They may be nice to deal with ..as was A&A transmission but excessive shipping and handling charges just leave a bad taste. Leaves you feeling like you been duped. And I reward those actions with a 1 and done attitude.

Ive ordered several things always quick and correct. Hope u get it solved

They may be nice to deal with ..as was A&A transmission but excessive shipping and handling charges just leave a bad taste. Leaves you feeling like you been duped. And I reward those actions with a 1 and done attitude.

Eventually you will run out of suppliers...lol. Instead of taking every hit personally, call them and talk to them.. I guarantee there's nobody there that thinks enough about you personally that they'll hit you for extra. I've had them give me hundreds of dollars off parts when a product they sold failed. That was not their fault, but they made it more than good with me.

though I haven't bought anything from Mancini for many years, I know a little about companies overcharging on shipping. If I think the shipping charges seem excessive, I'll question it before hand. Often times the seller will, for whatever reasons, reduce the shipping charges.

I didnt take it personally...I assume its their standard practice and do it to everyone.

Its a trust thing. They dont disclose it upfront. In fact if I recall they kind of hide the shipping costs until after you enter your payment info...

I just wont reward that business practice with repeat orders.

Eventually you will run out of suppliers...lol. Instead of taking every hit personally, call them and talk to them.. I guarantee there's nobody there that thinks enough about you personally that they'll hit you for extra. I've had them give me hundreds of dollars off parts when a product they sold failed. That was not their fault, but they made it more than good with me.

You havent been raped on shipping until you live in Canada. Add 31+% for exchange and then another 12% at the border when you import them yourself. Then you've been properly raped for shipping!

I was told by Mancini's that if I picked up in Michigan I had to pay Michigan sales tax. Could that be the difference?

I just bought new 340A-c5 headers which came with collectors... price should be $816 for the headers and $66 shipping. Total should be $882.00 On my Visa statement my bill is $945. What gives!! Anyone else have this issue. They charge 63 $ to take my phone order...

I email them the next day after phoning in the order to get a copy of the receipt and heard nothing.
Not Impressed with Mancini... my first and last order with this company

i think i would have called them first before bashing them on a web site.

Do the math add 6% to total and see what you get. All purchases in Michigan are subject to sales tax. And no I don't like it either.

I didnt take it personally...I assume its their standard practice and do it to everyone.

You mean charge sales tax? Looks like they "do it to everyone" that picks up the product in the state they are based in... Again - nothing they can control and can surely be made less personally offensive by a phone call.

Maybe next time check Walmart. lol Myself, I am glad there are resources like Mancini, not only for parts, but for the knowledge of parts and availability. Mr Goodwrench is waiting your call.

-
Back