Manifolds vs. Headers

-
When you say electronic ignition upgrade, do you mean above & beyong the factory elecronic ingnition for those of us that have it? Like an HEI setup or MSD setup. Or do you just mean upgrading from points to electronic. My '73 has factory electronic ignition, so just trying to clear that up. thx

my factory EI is excellent. thats the last thing i would spend money on. using the factory electronic ignition IS the KISS method in my opinion

my factory EI is excellent. thats the last thing i would spend money on. using the factory electronic ignition IS the KISS method in my opinion
Really , unless you're revving 7,000+ mopar electronic is fine . Have never had a problem ignition wise .I hit 6500 , no break up , runs smooth , spark is hot enough to ignite the fuel air mixture , that be hot enough for me . Plus parts are available everywhere !

I've got full MSD electronic ignition on mine, the whole fuel and ignition is as far from stock as you can get I think haha.
I'll look for that thread, is it on the hooker header site (almost put hooker site, just didn't seem right lol) or on fabo?
I'm guessing pick and pulls wouldn't have stock manifolds for LA 360's but then again they might.
Here's how mine sits right now, pretty low comparing to yours.

Attachments

• small side.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 217
^^Thanks!

Any one got good ideas on mufflers. I'm not looking to make my ears bleed but l do want loud and mean.
I'm thinking either supper 44's or 10 series, though I think that those may be a bit too loud.

I've got full MSD electronic ignition on mine, the whole fuel and ignition is as far from stock as you can get I think haha.
I'll look for that thread, is it on the hooker header site (almost put hooker site, just didn't seem right lol) or on fabo?
I'm guessing pick and pulls wouldn't have stock manifolds for LA 360's but then again they might.
Here's how mine sits right now, pretty low comparing to yours.

Car looks really nice !

Thanks
Sounds nice, about what I'm looking for haha. That's the same way with me. My dad thinks the car's all ready too loud and I think it's too quite :D

Edit: Looked at the thread you gave me and it seems like their easy to install but a pain to get the exhaust hooked up to them. Looks like you had an exhaust shop install the pipes, did they do the headers as well?

just switch from points to electronic utilizing mopar orange box kit, with distributor, orange box and electronic upgrade, very simple set up , easy to install and adds a couple hp...also not expensive. You dont need alot of extra electrical output just no more points to mess with! modernality on older point motors......Again Kiss methodology!!!! Just one less thing to go wrong or screw up a nice ride down the country road!!!! It may also get you another mile or so per gallon!!! In todays world it all helps!!!!

-
Back