Manual Steering box I.D.

-

Stacked360

Reaction score
I have a Manual steering box I picked up for my 5.7 Duster project. I was told it was from a cuda? But what I thought was strange is it has an aluminum case. Were all manual boxes made from aluminum?

How big is big? or how small is small? I can't find any I.D. numbers stamped on it anywhere to get a rebuild kit for it.

the big sector shafts are called the C body and van boxes and they work with 73+ A body drag links, the others are the ones that work with the smaller drag links.

I need to order new seals for it, but they list 2 different kits to do so based on what model steering box I have. With no I.D. numbers it's a bit hard to say one way or another. Does the year have to do with it being either small or large?

http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/steeringbox.shtml

if it came from a Cuda, should be small sector
I dont know what your working on, but,
the small sector box will work on the pre 72 or
the 73 up drag links with the correct pitman arm

i dont know where to get the seals, but I'm sure thers quite a few people on here that do
70aarcuda
crackedback
several great people on here

I did get the pitman arm with it.

According to the Big block dart website, I have a small sector steering box. The K-frame I have is a 73' and all the related suspension components match that year. Why won't the small sector work with a 73' drag link?

The small sector boxes used a Pitman arm that attached to the center link from the bottom. The Pitman arm on the large sector boxes attached to the center link from the top. You can use the small sector box in a '73 up if you use the Pitman arm, idler arm, and center link from a '68-'72.

The small sector boxes used a Pitman arm that attached to the center link from the bottom. The Pitman arm on the large sector boxes attached to the center link from the top. You can use the small sector box in a '73 up if you use the Pitman arm, idler arm, and center link from a '68-'72.

X2. I just did that with my 75 Duster going from a 75 power box to a 72 manual box. Had to use the pitman, idler, and center link from the 72 to make it work.

dont know if this helps, small sector box, moog 7075, 73& up suspension
ignore my dirty floor,,haha

Attachments

• DSCN6740.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN6739.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN6737.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 139
-
Back