Not open for further replies.

woody30

woody30
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Contact seller
Here is a Mopar manual steering box with the pitman arm. Seems to work fine. It was in with a bunch of Mopar parts I bought a while back. $50 plus shipping. Located in Walton NY.

IMG_3006_zps3db58cc2.jpg

IMG_3005_zpsb607a72e.jpg

Second that question, and interested if 71'demon440 doesnt buy. Needs to fit 73 dart sport for my needs.

thanks

steering box will fit any a-body. its the pitman arm that will need to be changed. i wouldnt put on a used one any way. they make two sector shaft diameters. you would have to check the shaft then order the correct pitman arm.

I did some digging and am 99% sure this is for a 72 and older car, found a post with the older and newer boxes pictured and this one looks exactly like the pre 73 one. Also this parts lot I bought came from a guy with 67-69 Barracudas.

Looks like the one on my 64 Valiant (Pitman arm stud points up). I think only for 72 and older (small output shaft), but I recall some people claim that manual boxes were the same size post-72. If so, the Pitman arms would then vary between manual and power boxes. $50 is about the going price for a used one, not refurbed.

I was thinking the shafts are different between power and manuel boxes. I was also thinking the ball pointed down on the earlier model. I wanted the 73 up.

Not sure if this sold or not but if anyone can either confirm or deny fitment on a 73 A body as well as the pitman would be great. I need it to fit a 73 obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back