Massive Kudos to Demonx2!!

-

RhinoMan68

if its for a 1968 cuda 'vert I probably need it.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So, all too often, we hear bad things about a few bad apples making buying and selling on FABO (or anywhere else for that matter) a bit of a leap of faith. I gotta' put a real LOUD shout out to Demonx2 (@Demonx2 ) for follow through. So I bought a set of valve springs from him using Paypal (I went with F&F PayPal plan b/c he had some good ratings on here). Long story short the carrier (UPS had said they delivered the products last Saturday (Nov 6, 2021) to my mailbox. Two things to note 1) my mailbox is on a fairly busy road easily 1/8th of a mile away from my front door and 2) I have standing instructions to deliver items to my "Front Door". By using these standing instructions I have to consent to what works out as a UPS no claims clause.

Nothing was at/in/around my Mailbox.

Well I was beyond P.O.'d to say the least and tried to contact UPS to file a claim but then discovered that because I "signed" the claim waiver I had no recourse. I couldn't talk to anyone because I didn't have a claim number. The perfect digital catch-22 so they dont NEED to talk to anyone.

I contacted Dave just to let him know that things seem to have gone sideways on my end and see if he had any thoughts. BTW I NEVER ONCE had doubts about Dave and him doing what he said he did. He went out of his way to contact his local office and talk to someone there. He opened the case (that I was unable to do) and said to sit tight and he'll make it right. I really just wanted to let him know, I didn't expect or really didn't WANT him to make it right whatever that meant. On the Monday after I spoke with my UPS guy (I've only been in this house for a couple of months) and have been getting VERY regular deliveries by UPS, Amazon, USPS, and FedEx during this time as I am in the middle of a fairly extensive home remodel as well as have these addictions called Mopars. Back to the UPS guy - he told me he is not the guy who delivers on Saturdays. They have someone fill on on Saturdays and to call the local office - gave me the number and asked me to follow up on this end. I was going to but couldn't read the number and needed to be headed out of town for work on on Tuesday so I never got a chance to follow up.

Friday comes around and I look on-line about the tracking number again and sure enough I saw a case was opened and somehow something that was delivered to my Mailbox last Saturday shows up as Delivered to: "Met Customer" on that Friday, Nov 11 2021. Mind you there are 5 other adults living on the property here now. Someone is always here. I think it was my son who accepted the package.

Here is the tracking report ...
upload_2021-11-13_19-52-5.png

Its all good now again Dave is My hero! Good, scratch that, a GREAT guy! Thanks! and many Kudos to you.

Last edited:
Thank you Greg but as we said, I did nothing you or any other decent fellow Mopar nut wouldn't do. If we can't treat each other like we want to be treated, we have nothing and FABO is irrelevant. We all rely on various shippers and have to trust they do what they say. The weird thing in this case is UPS showed delivery confirmation for last Saturday even though you never got the parts. Then you and I start banging the drum with them on both ends and 6 days later we get a 2nd delivery confirmation that the parts were delivered. HOW CAN IT BE THAT WE GET 2 PROOFS OF DELIVERY???? Do we want to know?

I will just add that dealing with you has been a pleasure. A guy pays good $$'s, doesn't get the parts he bought, and immediately did not blame me or want me to cover. However, that was my deal that I would make it right one way or the other. We looked into it together, and lo and behold, the parts show up. All's well that ends well and I gained much respect for another great guy here on FABO. Shout-out to Greg (@RhinoMan68)!!

I can clarify: UPS said package was delivered on Sat, 11/6. Even had one of those "Proof of delivery" statements online. But no package received by Greg. Then he and I start looking into it. Suddenly 5 days later, the package shows up as "On the way" again and delivered later that day. And another "Proof of delivery" was shown online. Strange....something fishy with UPS on this one...

So they said it was delivered but it was not?
Yessir, the UPS web site said "Delivered to Mailbox" last Saturday. I promptly go to the Mailbox look in out and around mine and 5 others Mailboxes on the main road in. Nothing there. Dave has them start an investigation and it miraculously gets handed to my son 3 days later by my regular UPS guy on my front porch.

-
Back