massive reconfiguration time again.

-
Well crap on crap! LOL I just forgot I have to re modify the floor hump for the vertigate. Oh well a little more work...

From the factory, A body buckets will drop right in bench seat brackets on the door side of the car, the inner holes need drilled.
I think you do not have A body seat brackets.

Still waiting on the stoner mailman, he must have needed an extra doobie break today, or extra long lunch from the munchies.
yeah I don't know or I don't think so! If I put it where the bench goes the seat would be pushing against the door. There's some holes or dimples 3 in in from the outer seat holes for the buckets that make everything completely lineup and fall right in.. the bucket seats are a lot narrower on the bottom and they would be almost on the floor if they went on those brackets.

Yup, forgot completely about having to take this piece out of the floor hump, but taking the floor hump off which I just put on with sheet metal screws, I get right to the linkage and that'll be no problemt..

IMG_20190413_130017.jpg
IMG_20190413_130026.jpg

IMG_20190413_154738.jpg

Behold! All that is Mopar badassness!!
I had a lot of oh yeah I remember that moments... I have to flip the reverse shifter ear over because the throw is opposite and switch out the first second and the third fourth shift ear's. But fool myself once fool myself twice LOL I tagged those bad boys this time so I won't have that problem next time. If there is a next time. my son likes the pistol grip shifter so when he gets the car he can have at it but not have to figure it all out again like I did LOL

Well as usual I had high hopes of getting everything done yesterday LOL, but as always a one-day project in my mind turns into a two or three-day project in reality. I did get the shifter in and it seems as I have the linkage all correct. Having a little trouble getting the hump to lock down over the new shifter. One other thing I would like to do while I have everything apart is take a look at the mounting brackets for the seats. There seems to be three different whole settings and it looks like they're in the middle settng. They seem to be pressed or weld it in. It looks like the bracket can be moved an inch forward or an inch backwards depending on where you put the set bolts through. I wanted to put the bottoms in as it makes it lighter without the backs on the seat, but I think I'm going to have to put the back on the driver's seat and sit in there and make sure I don't want it the extra inch back which I know I probably will because I'm tall. of course that would mean cutting the ones off that are on there and getting some more bolts to go through.

Last edited:
IMG_20190414_094155.jpg

Like I said. I'm going to go ahead and get some new hardware to mount these on. I'll use the front holes to move the seat and extra inch back. I'll get longer bolts for the front also so I can tilt them back an extra inch or so. I'll have to cut these off their welded in...

Got them installed. Still need to get catch belts on the inside. Dye back seats and install. Easy stuff...
A lot more roomy...
IMG_20190414_211231.jpg

IMG_20190414_211206.jpg

Okay you guys know grass doesn't grow in the Jpar---camp..
Did a double odorless mineral spirits wiping on the gold back seats. I'm going to feed the dogs and let this dry and see about putting on a little vinyl paint here and just getting them painted black. They don't see much traffic if it all so I shouldn't have any problem with them as long as the paint sticks...

IMG_20190415_085217.jpg

For whatever reason I have to download my picture before I voice command anything or else it will not come through dammit!!

IMG_20190415_094213.jpg
so far looking like crap! LOL I don't know if I clean these good enough I seen some fish eye already...

Okay then went from looking like crap to looking hideous !! LOL
Well at least they'll match these hideous front seats...

Keep coating them they will look good! You got a updated picture?
They're looking better and they should definitely pass. I got some real redneck stuff going on here on the carpet of the fold down. Had some left over semi-gloss from doing the wheels soooo...
IMG_20190415_102856.jpg

It turned out okay I guess and definitely better than gold in a black interior sticking out like a major sore thumb..
The idea is that a quick glance back there you don't really see anything out of order. I can't think of one time when somebody actually rode back there...

Generally it's my wife in the front seat with her eyes closed most of the time LOL or a friend for a "watch this" ride...

-
Back