massive reconfiguration time again.

-
Also the little my wife was outside she was burnt to a crisp, it was hotter than the hinges of Hades out there! I'm actually spending the whole day resting! we could have drove the car there but I wasn't going to have my wife barbecued!..
I was leaving like four bottles of Frozen water in my helmet in between rounds..
I realize it was a little too hot for you though last weekend... :poke::rolleyes:
It was hot here this past weekend, I feel for you guys, nothing worse than a hot parking lot getting fried.
I just worked around the house, getting the camper ready for a camping trip.
I woke up Sunday morning, took a shower and felt de-hydrated, went up to the garage, and slammed about 1/2 a Gatorade down, I swear in 5 minutes I felt alot better.
Washed my 3500 Ram, under a wild cherry tree in the shade, I was soaking wet from sweat.

It was hot here this past weekend, I feel for you guys, nothing worse than a hot parking lot getting fried.
I just worked around the house, getting the camper ready for a camping trip.
I woke up Sunday morning, took a shower and felt de-hydrated, went up to the garage, and slammed about 1/2 a Gatorade down, I swear in 5 minutes I felt alot better.
Washed my 3500 Ram, under a wild cherry tree in the shade, I was soaking wet from sweat.
Oh yeah you know my woe's...
The day before it was getting the motor home out, washing it, taking the truck and putting the trailer out on the street so I can hook it up to the motor home so I can load up the car. All In Reverse yesterday after the race of course LOL... And the long traffic ride with the crash in the I-5 freeway that turned on our drive into 2 hours Thank goodness for air conditioning!!

Oh yeah you know my woe's...
The day before it was getting the motor home out, washing it, taking the truck and putting the trailer out on the street so I can hook it up to the motor home so I can load up the car. All In Reverse yesterday after the race of course LOL... And the long traffic ride with the crash in the I-5 freeway that turned on our drive into 2 hours Thank goodness for air conditioning!!

That sucks, at least when I come home with something hooked to the back of the truck, I can just park it in the back yard, and deal with it another day.
I also live in the city, but have a huge flat back yard.
It did take a wile to wash the camper, we did not use it last year, and it set under a chestnut tree, so it was covered with nice film of green tree mold, Nasty.
And to top it off, the pressure washer was giving me fits, not building constant pressure so I washed it by hand.
Its shiny now, ready to go, to the lake we are heading next weekend.

Also the little my wife was outside she was burnt to a crisp, it was hotter than the hinges of Hades out there! I'm actually spending the whole day resting! we could have drove the car there but I wasn't going to have my wife barbecued!..
I was leaving like four bottles of Frozen water in my helmet in between rounds..
I realize it was a little too hot for you though last weekend... :poke::rolleyes:
I'll be waiting for the answer...lol

I don't know if your humidity was like ours, but I believe our heat index was like 115* ??? LOL.... and no trailer with a A/C motorhome.
j par is pulling your leg. I have reports on him, he shows up in his class A motorhome pulling an enclosed 35' car hauler and his wife following behind in her 707hp hellcat challenger. that's why he's cheap when it comes to the Duster. lol :D

j par is pulling your leg. I have reports on him, he shows up in his class A motorhome pulling an enclosed 35' car hauler and his wife following behind in her 707hp hellcat challenger. that's why he's cheap when it comes to the Duster. lol :D
I WISH!!!...

IMG_20190723_105008.jpg
Is it possible that you need to jet the carb different?
Try swapping positions of the carbs. if the learner plugs follow the carb........you may have to jet them carbs differently.
Now this new plug that I have put in here shows a completely different reading after six passes at the drag strip and loading the car up and unloading it. I also took some time on that last pass when I red lit and kept a close eye on the RF gauge at Full Throttle in 4th gear and it was bouncing around between about 12.1 and 12.5...
I bumped the timing up from about 32 to 33 All In before I started the day.
Actually this is where I want to start next time at the track. Just opening up my timing till I stop going faster. Then the next time I'll keep putting fatter Jets untill it stops going faster.
The first plug is the one I just got done drag racing. The third plug from the left is the same plug after the Freeway Drive.
IMG_20190723_105008.jpg
IMG_20190716_144117.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if it's necessary or beneficial or counter beneficial, but I usually shut my electric fuel pump off a few seconds before I turn the car off so as not to have anyting under pressure...

As was recommended by skewers on cudafevers thread I called NGK tech line.. the guy from what told him recommended one size hotter. I told him I was running the NGK 4554. He recommended the 4091. I think 318hasvalvesthatwillfly recommended a hotter plug as well I can't remember or somebody did... Anyways I got the plugs so we shall see...

I would not lean it out. I would NOT lean it out. I would pull it back up to 34* timing, fatten up the carbs, and run a hotter plug, like a RN12YC. This is the direction I'd start my ship in...……..

Then I stick to my theory. wrong heat range for the new cam and all the cylinder pressure. Not saying this is "for sure" the issue, but I'd try fattening up the carbs and running RN12YC. If it doesn't work, your out a little time and a set of plugs. BECAUSE...……. cudafever's picture is your plug, then I go back to my previous statement, it looks blistered. You may find yourself adding some performance that will be noticed by the seat of your pants

As was recommended by skewers on cudafevers thread I called NGK tech line.. the guy from what told him recommended one size hotter. I told him I was running the NGK 4554. He recommended the 4091. I think 318hasvalvesthatwillfly recommended a hotter plug as well I can't remember or somebody did... Anyways I got the plugs so we shall see...
Clear back on page 43. LOL..... you are the hardest person to help on the site :D :D In fact, I gave up trying for about 3 years, then I thought I'd give it another try LOL. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: Skewers to Cudafever to NGK, that sent you back to the same suggestion given by your good ole' pal ole' buddy..... 318willwin! LOL :poke:

I wish I could help with tuning the Carters, but I gave up, had enough trouble trying to setup 1 let alone 2 on a ram.
you are determined, but I found Holley to be the only cure for my setup with an auto trans.

Clear back on page 43. LOL..... you are the hardest person to help on the site :D :D In fact, I gave up trying for about 3 years, then I thought I'd give it another try LOL. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: Skewers to Cudafever to NGK, that sent you back to the same suggestion given by your good ole' pal ole' buddy..... 318willwin! LOL :poke:
Careful my friend you're going to have your arm in a cast from slapping your back so hard! I give you first billing of credit and you ran with it well...lol..:poke:
Actually it was the NGK hotline that gave me the advice and it was member skewers who mentioned it in cudafevers thread to cudafever and I said to myself- "what the heck, ilI' give um a call!":thumbsup:

I wish I could help with tuning the Carters, but I gave up, had enough trouble trying to setup 1 let alone 2 on a ram.
you are determined, but I found Holley to be the only cure for my setup with an auto trans.
Things are close. I need more passess..
Now i have a very good baseline. Just fine tuning. If I could get to a 11.9 I'd be happy. Be able to drive it to the track and enter super pro.. :thumbsup:
If I can squeeze a 10th out of timing and one or two out of carburetion and Lord knows maybe one at the 60 foot I can get there...:D

Now i have a very good baseline. Just fine tuning. If I could get to a 11.9 I'd be happy. Be able to drive it to the track and enter super pro.. :thumbsup:
If I can squeeze a 10th out of timing and one or two out of carburetion and Lord knows maybe one at the 60 foot I can get there...:D
111 mph is 11.9's. The car is already there, you just have to catch up to it.

Careful my friend you're going to have your arm in a cast from slapping your back so hard! I give you first billing of credit and you ran with it well...lol..:poke:
Actually it was the NGK hotline that gave me the advice and it was member skewers who mentioned it in cudafevers thread to cudafever and I said to myself- "what the heck, ilI' give um a call!":thumbsup:
that was me you talked to. I work for NGK. I said the same thing on the phone that I told you in this thread. BWAHAHAHAAA

kidding :D

We talked gap as well. He said they come at .032 and not to go more than .008 either way. I said MSD calls for .045-.050, but I've always gapped at .040. we agreed I should be safe there...

Really I'm finally getting to the finer tuning I've wanted to do for some time...
I like what you've done. I would rather have a 12 flat Duster with the milder cam, 3.54 gears, etc etc than a 11.5 Duster that is pretty much set up for drag strip only. You just got to get your 60 ft down a little, and you'll be knocking on 11's door....

I like what you've done. I would rather have a 12 flat Duster with the milder cam, 3.54 gears, etc etc than a 11.5 Duster that is pretty much set up for drag strip only. You just got to get your 60 ft down a little, and you'll be knocking on 11's door....
I'll probably want to see a best at something better and likes 11.95. It seems to be the way this car runs or the way I run the car... Before it did (I did) 11.4 lots of 11.5 and like 11.7.
If I spun or made mistakes it got worse...
And often did..lol..

IMG_20190725_110521.jpg

:BangHead: I put the new plugs in and pushed it out of the garage down to the end of the driveway so I don't start up and get fumes in the garage and that battery! Well I'll sit here for a little while with it on the charger. I've got a window of opportunity to take it down and get it weighed I can and get some miles on these new plugs.
I wrote some stuff down with the date so I can start cataloging. I'm bringing a little notepad with me to take any notes I can of the gauges and of course how much it weighs...
I think I left my jumper cables in the Power Wagon when I gave it to my son in Colorado. I need new jumper cables and I think this battery is going...

^^^also I'm adding a little datasheet here LOL I wrote down my fastest pass since the new reconfiguration along with its own reaction time not my best. And I also wrote down what I felt my averages are Over All the Time Slips and that's if I get a good one nine start...
I think those 1.9 starts where at Woodburn I don't think I got anything below at 2 at PIR there's no prep....
IMG_20190725_115216.jpg

-
Back