massive reconfiguration time again.

-
It must be nice to get rid of that ugly.
Should be enough material there for someone to make a couple shirts for a future Woodstock concert.
I like them and thought they were pretty cool but they're really for a 1976 Spirit of 76 Dodge...

IMG_20200125_101254.jpg
IMG_20200125_101306.jpg
IMG_20200125_101317.jpg

I'm very happy with them... Again took my back seats to him to have done as well. Likely the store cards will get some treatment as well on down the line to get everything to match up...

Well it looks like my O2 sensor cleaning didn't work.. it seemed to at first but anytime I let off throttle it would go berserk... it was dry pavement today and I was able to get the car out and take it for a short drive. I got it turned around now and my other projects out of the way so I can start getting those carburetors on...
I'm hoping the nitrous plates I ordered will be here soon and I can just go ahead and install those as well.. I got a couple days of work this week and supposed to take the snowmobiles out sometime soon as well.. but I'm pretty wide open to start getting those carburetors on at any rate..
I got the car turned around and that's part of the process that I wanted to start with...

IMG_20200205_113248.jpg
IMG_20200205_113300.jpg
IMG_20200205_113936.jpg

Finally all the other projects are done or at least under control and I can start in on these carburetors.. I don't think I'll have it completed till the weekend as my nitrous plates won't be here till Friday..

IMG_20200205_130611.jpg

Well everything is going to need a custom fitting LOL the fuel lines don't fit the linkage don't fit and the new throttle bracket don't fit....
Time to figure it all out...

Well I spent a good hour at the parts store looking at the Russell fittings and made myself damn near nauseous...
I mean really it's just as simple as getting a plumbing T fitting and making some funky lines.. the inlet bosses are different sizes then the Edelbrock and also the inlets are at a 45 degree angle downwards which really creates havoc getting around the electric choke modules... I spent a half-hour at least online with Holly and they didn't have an answer LOL..
But I'll get this fuel line figured out first and then work forward from there..
IMG_20200205_160447.jpg

I was able to get out of them that it's a 9/16 by 24 boss.. and my current fuel line has a 6na female and they also give a 9/16 x 24 with a 8na female...

Well I spent a good hour at the parts store looking at the Russell fittings and made myself damn near nauseous...
I mean really it's just as simple as getting a plumbing T fitting and making some funky lines.. the inlet bosses are different sizes then the Edelbrock and also the inlets are at a 45 degree angle downwards which really creates havoc getting around the electric choke modules... I spent a half-hour at least online with Holly and they didn't have an answer LOL..
But I'll get this fuel line figured out first and then work forward from there..
View attachment 1715465202
I was able to get out of them that it's a 9/16 by 24 boss.. and my current fuel line has a 6na female and they also give a 9/16 x 24 with a 8na female...
It will be interesting to see how the carbs work.

IMG_20200206_145909.jpg
IMG_20200206_145853.jpg

Workin on it...
Spent $21 on a couple and fittings some fuel lines and hoses.. if I want to do all in hard fittings it will get into $65... I can spend the money later I would rather just get the carbs hooked up..
I bought a couple GM adapters that give it the same throw and connection as the old Edelbrocks... I Speedmaster bracket didn't clear the linkage so I sent that back and bought the street demon bracket and had to modify that of course...
Still plenty of work to do to get these to function properly..

View attachment 1715465667 View attachment 1715465674
Workin on it...
Spent $21 on a couple and fittings some fuel lines and hoses.. if I want to do all in hard fittings it will get into $65... I can spend the money later I would rather just get the carbs hooked up..
I bought a couple GM adapters that give it the same throw and connection as the old Edelbrocks... I Speedmaster bracket didn't clear the linkage so I sent that back and bought the street demon bracket and had to modify that of course...
Still plenty of work to do to get these to function properly..
where are you shopping for the fuel line plumbing?

Bexters Auto Parts.. it's a local chain that actually carries a little bit of hot rod stuff...
I do wish that wound on your thumbnail would heal, it's made it in a lot of pictures... LOL

Go through old carburetors looks so tired and compared to the new ones...
Really they just need cleaning they operate just fine...
It's just comparing..
I do wish that wound on your thumbnail would heal, it's made it in a lot of pictures... LOL
65 GTO driver side upper A arm dropped on it about a month ago...:thumbsup:...

Go through old carburetors looks so tired and compared to the new ones...
Really they just need cleaning they operate just fine...
It's just comparing..

65 GTO driver side upper A arm dropped on it about a month ago...:thumbsup:...
Ouch~

Thank you for the upteenth billion time $89 cheap Harbor Freight welder...
IMG_20200207_123002.jpg

I couldn't even imagine doing this hot rod customizing around every corner stuff without this tool..

You need these.

Fragola Performance Systems 491973-BL: -8 X 3/4-16 ORB BRASWELL CARB ADAPTER FEMALE NUT BLACK | JEGS

Carb inlet stand off.

Not saying this is the right size AN but you get the picture.

Looks like what i linked is -8 just order them in -6.

You will also need 2, -6 male unions or see if they sell the stand off in male to male?
The bosses on the demon carbs are 9/16 by 24..
The Russell inlet stand off goes to a 8an fitting and there $42 for 2.. then a 6an to 8an fitting is $10 each so that's another $20 so $62 total to make those work..
The 6an to barb's were $8 each..
This will get it going until I can afford the standoffs.. too busy trying to afford nitrous Parts LOL and also this making me a little time and flexibility to make sure that they're not going to run into none of my nitrous stuff..

Last edited:
And those adjustable fuel rails almost always leak. Dont ask me why but 9 times out of ten they are garbage. If i had looked at this sooner i could have sent you some for free. (That leak.)
:)

To bad you are not closer. Ive got everything you need to do it up right, AN and hard line.

:lol::thumbsup:

Keep on truckin brother!

-
Back