Master brake cyl is in one last Q

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Ok well bench blead the master now and is all installed in the car Without bleading any of the 4 wheel cylenders my pedal is stiff like there is no air at all, is this normal or should I still bleed all 4 cylssss.

Hey Snake to be on the safe side I would bleed all 4. You could have some air in the lines when you took the old master off. Might be hard now but maybe later as the air start moving in the lines it might cause problems.
For what it takes time wise...go for it.
Al

Hey Snake to be on the safe side I would bleed all 4. You could have some air in the lines when you took the old master off. Might be hard now but maybe later as the air start moving in the lines it might cause problems.
For what it takes time wise...go for it.
Al
ya I here ya was just checking Cindys agrees with ya thanks.

I don't know, I've changed masters this very way -- careful not to lose fluid out of the lines at the master, bench bleed it, and then bleed the lines right at the master with a couple of pumps dripping into a pan under the master

If you have a nice hard pedal I say leave it alone

Ditto. Stiff is good, but if you are using regular brake and you haven't changed it in a year, bleed them all, especially since you live in a humid region. If you use silicone fluid, you are good as is.

-
Back