Master Cylinder questions

-

'70DartSwinger

Reaction score
I have a 1970 dodge dart swinger 340 car,
recently my master cylinder has started to leak a bit at the bottom..

Does anyone have any suggestions on where i should get a new one?

I just did some google searches and the ones they were showing on sites doesnt look like the one i have... any ideas where i could get a stock one..?

Rockauto.com usually stocks about 4 different manufacturers. a stock appearing one might be a stretch in new, but maybe rebuilt. Leaking from the bottom sounds like a pipe plug leaking or maybe the stop switch if equipped.

Napa ordered mine in for about 35.00. I had to wait for it to hopscotch a couple of warehouses to avoid shipping, I think it was 4 days.

Run you one of these

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/24whdibrmacy.html

They are lighter and have a better feel on braking. There are different bore sizes and can't remember which was better or which one I installed but it will set you on your head. People have wishy washy comments about these MCs I just ignore them. I love mine. I wouldn't send you astray bro. Got rid of the old style boat anchors. You do however have to buy a adaptation plate or make your own if you are mechanically inclined.

Almost forgot.... you don't have to get these master cylinders from Mancini ... they are cheaper at the local NAPA part houses.

Disc or Drum brake car ?

Make sure you get the right M/C

Disc brake M/C has a large and small reservoir.
Drum brake M/C 2 same size reserviors.

A master cylinder is 1 of the best parts on a car to buy new (stopping is good).
But a good re-built will suffice.

Bendix Raybestos are a couple good manufactures off the top of my head.

The aluminum M/C works well, but a stock replacement will do the job.

Here is a pic of a disc brake M/C.

Attachments

• 71-72-73-dodge-dart-duster-scamp-brake-master-cylinder_140435607892[1].jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 174
-
Back