Master cylinder rebuild kits

-
NAPA has it online. Thanks for the tip. My car is a 69 Swinger, 4 wheel drum. My master has the holddown butterfly with a center bolt.

I have a complete 4 drum master cylinder that I'm willing to sell.

It was installed on my 69 Dart.

It was rebuilt just months prior to removing it for a disc brake conversion.

I'm located in Georgetown, Ontario.

Let me know if your interested.

I have this same master cylinder, but i have discs on the front.
Is it safe to use it, or should i get proper one?

I would not even mess with a kit, if you can get the cylinder. A rebuilt/ new cylinder is guaranteed, a "kit" is not, and some kits cost nearly as much as a rebuilt cylinder

Kits are about the only way to go if you have a number matching car that you want to keep the correct casting numbers on. If you have a car that has a mix of parts buy a remanufactured master cylinder if it is available and install it. I much prefer the remanufactured unit over the new made in China units.

I have this same master cylinder, but i have discs on the front.
Is it safe to use it, or should i get proper one?
It might work, but better to get an optimal MC, since they are cheap. Disk brakes usually require more hydraulic pressure than drums, so most either use a vacuum booster or an MC with a smaller bore (7/8" or 15/16"D). Disks also tend to draw more fluid so the disk reservoir is usually bigger. You can use almost any MC. Many here use a more modern aluminum ones, using a 2 to 4 bolt adapter plate. However, best to copy others since you can run into problems with the pedal rod length and such.

-
Back