Matt's 5.98 pass in my duster. Video

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
First time I had a chance to see a video of my Duster with my new engine making a pass. It made me check my data and it appears I'm a little rich. With the weather cooling off I will probably leave it alone. Mother Nature will lean it out some.

Very cool pass! That's gittin it did! Now, refresh my memory. This is naturally aspirated, correct?

First time I had a chance to see a video of my Duster with my new engine making a pass. It made me check my data and it appears I'm a little rich. With the weather cooling off I will probably leave it alone. Mother Nature will lean it out some.

2C3D2656-91FE-42EB-9A56-BF0A9E64C897.gif
2C3D2656-91FE-42EB-9A56-BF0A9E64C897.gif

Awsome! What was this engine combo? For old guys with bad memories.......

Open chamber Edelbrock heads and Victor340 intake. .660 lift roller cam with Bam lifters. .030 over stock block 360 with 4 inch K1 crank and K1 rods. 900 (1000) alcohol carb and dome pistons with .045 Cometic head gaskets.

Impressive John
What’s the weight on the car ..
That stock block is hanging tough !!!!

Open chamber Edelbrock heads and Victor340 intake. .660 lift roller cam with Bam lifters. .030 over stock block 360 with 4 inch K1 crank and K1 rods. 900 (1000) alcohol carb and dome pistons with .045 Cometic head gaskets.

Your car is flying. What’s the compression?

46375638-5929-4F35-8E3F-DE0858A7521D.png
I posted this on Moparts but forgot to post it here. This is a free app that Norwalk has that you can download. You can be in the stands seeing all of this info almost as soon as it happens. You can plug in a car number and check runs from years earlier. It also has weather info on the bottom. Pretty neat app.

John did the Wiseco pistons come with the gas ports or did you have that done or did you do it your self ?

John did the Wiseco pistons come with the gas ports or did you have that done or did you do it your self ?

They came that way. They must have discontinued this part number or changed it because I bought two sets at a discount. I ended up selling one of the sets to an Abodiesonly member.

Your only at 11.4:1 with those domes? Seems like you should be alot higher than that with those domes, but maybe I'm wrong.

I measured more then once cause I thought I had more compression but it calculated out to 11.4:1. I used the .500 down in the bore method.

Last edited:
Nice running hot rod you have there Sir !! What cubic inch small block is that ? I’ve never ran a small block anything !! Wished I would have ! Seems like all the small blocks are running stout these days ! Course most of them are pretty big cubic inch small blocks !

-
Back