Maxwedge hood on an early A

-
As promised, should work pretty well it balances things out.

Attachments

• DSC01431.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC01432.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC01444.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 249
Is the center of the scoop in the rear bevelled to match the center of the hood trim? If not are u modifying the scoop?some pics of the back of the scoop would be apprecitive
Aaron

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

:)

l.jpg

-

Don't walk, run away from that scoop!!!!
I bought one of them for one of my 65's. With there little smaller size I thought it would fit perfect between the two indentations in the hood. Which it dose. But the scoop looks like it was made by a cross eyed 5 year old. It is that bad!!! I am going to paint it and hang it on the wall in the garage.

I went with one of the early Pontiac super duty hood scoops for my dart. It is the scoop that Pontiac bought from Ford for there cars. Started life as a early sixties dump truck scoop. Was used on many many early 60's drag cars. Man dose it look good! I like the look of the old steel scoops.

Papstxx Nice car the scoop fits and looks good, B body size it appears.

604 The quality is good, did you get the flange style or the non flange? The 65 dart hood limits the size and scoop you can run. I would like to see the poncho sd scoop on it, I saw a it on a 63 Lemans and it looked perfect our darts look similar to that.

Papstxx Nice car the scoop fits and looks good, B body size it appears.

604 The quality is good, did you get the flange style or the non flange? The 65 dart hood limits the size and scoop you can run. I would like to see the poncho sd scoop on it, I saw a it on a 63 Lemans and it looked perfect our darts look similar to that.

I bought the inside flange scoop. It L to R it is deferent hight int the back, and it is twisted. I just did not want to cut up a perfect hood to put it on and not be happy with it.

I will post some pic tomorrow of the SD scoop on the car. It turned out really nice. That is if I can figure out how to post pic? LOL

Here are some pic. Still has a long way to go. Turning it into a 60's vintage drag car. Still need to add the hood pins. When I paint the car I will probably paint the scoop body color.

Attachments

• Kevin dart 001web.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Kevin dart 002web.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 200
  • Kevin dart 003web.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 189
  • Kevin dart 005web.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 182
It looks good but I would like to stick with a period correct mopar scoop. I know I have a problem.:violent1:

Yea,
I am the same way. But I figured I wanted it to look like it could have in 65 or 66, and mopar never had a scoop for these early darts. So really this scoop is about as period correct as I could get. And this SD scoop was used on everything from Fords, Pontiac's, and Willy's gassers. That and I like the look of a steel scoop. Nice and thin, and no glass fibers noticeable on the inside. And if any thing ever happens to the scoop, I no I can find a replacement that bolts right up.

Papstxx your car looks awesome with that scoop! where did you get yours? and what are the measurements.thanks!

a friend of mine has fabricate ( glass fibre ) this Scoop.

I will take measurements and give you a answer

Thanks 66gldfish

-
Back