MCMLXXI (1971) Dart Swinger

-

MCMLXXI

Reaction score
See this thread for background on the car - http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=55302

Well, over the past few weekends, I have started to tear the car down so I can address the problems and get it ready for new interior and paint. So far, I have been pleasantly surprised at the lack of rust in the usual suspect areas - floor pan, trunk pan, quarter/top seams, around windows, etc.

Here are a couple teaser pics (with a mock-up of my paint scheme). Goodbye and good riddance to the vinyl top - not a fan of vinyl tops if you can't tell.

dart_nogrille.jpg

straight_side.jpg

possible-paint-scheme.jpg

Hey, I think it must have been you the other day asking for suggestions on color combo's for your car there?? If it was you, I really like the one you have on here now. Dark green on top and a lighter green on the bottom. GREAT!!!!

Actually, I wasn't the one asking for help on the color combos, but the image he used worked perfectly for me to mock-up what I had in mind. I have had this color scheme in mind for a while now...just really like the two greens together.

Just thought I'd throw up a few more pics...most of the trim is out, back seat out, will have the buckets, console, and carpet out this weekend.

The rust on the PS quarter panel seam seems to be the worst of the rust on the entire car...[crossed fingers]

DSCF3057.jpg

DSCF3058.jpg

DSCF3059.jpg

DSCF3060.jpg

DSCF3062.jpg

DSCF3063.jpg

DSCF3066.jpg

DSCF3072.jpg

-
Back