Meat ON!!

-

Flatlander

Reaction score
Smoking pork butt and ribs, hit the smoker at 6:30 this morning. Using my double secret rub.:-D

I have to wonder what SCAMP is plannin'....................

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................There's gotta be pork in there somewhere..............you 'tink? :spam1: (Lord have mercy.....I HOPE he ain't cookin' spam.......)

Hey CB, I guess we'll have to settle for some old wore out 16 oz. Ribeyes rubbed in my special seasonings and marinated in Cabo Wabo Tequila and slap down some old fishy tastin shrimp on the Bar B with a splash of garlic butter and if you hold true on your promise we can wash it all down with some of that highly refined MGD, stands for "Mopars Get Down", after all thats what Mopar people drink...aint it ? I'll lay the steaks out now and get em to thawin along with the shrimp. Better drag Kyle along if he's by himself. Let me know something.
Small Block.

Smoking pork butt and ribs, hit the smoker at 6:30 this morning. Using my double secret rub.:-D

How long do you smoke your meat? Uh oh, that sounded bad, lol! I'm serious though, how long, at what temp and what kind of smoker do you use? What kind of wood chips? I won't bother asking about the secret rub. :-D

Slept in this morning did ya?!? I was up at 4:00 and this is what I had on the smoker at 5:00! Pork shoulder and brisket.

Oklahoma Joe's smoker (the original one from the 90's), chunk charcoal and mesquite chunks. 250 degrees all day long, sprayed periodically with apple juice to keep it from drying out and puts a nice crust on the outside.

MemorialDay09010Medium.jpg

Have about 20 people coming over this afternoon. Enjoy your day everyone!!

Wow! That looks great and thanks for the info.

Slept in this morning did ya?!? I was up at 4:00 and this is what I had on the smoker at 5:00! Pork shoulder and brisket.

Oklahoma Joe's smoker (the original one from the 90's), chunk charcoal and mesquite chips. 250 degrees all day long, sprayed periodically with apple juice to keep it from drying out and puts a nice crust on the outside.

Oklahoma Joe's smoker (the original one from the 90's), chunk charcoal and mesquite chips. 250 degrees all day long, sprayed periodically with apple juice to keep it from drying out and puts a nice crust on the outside.

MemorialDay09010Medium.jpg

That's why I haven't done brisket, long time. I cut my butt in half to shorten cooking time, 1pm lunch. Also serving chicken thighs.

Ram, I use a Brinkman I found at wallyworld and works good for me. The thermometer has a location marked "ideal", a draft on the stack and fire box work well in controlling the heat. I put a pan in the bottom and keep it filled with water to keep the meat moist. Half a butt cooks nicely in 6 hrs., more tender the longer cooked. Ribs in 3 hrs., depending how you like 'em. Chicken thighs go quick, 1.5hrs. I'll start the box out with charcoal and then switch over to hardwood. I farm so I have access to cherry, pecan, and osage orange (for more heat if needed). Always use seasoned wood. When done smoking, wrap your meat in foil and let it rest for at least 30 min. before serving. I let ours rest in one of those insulated, foil lined food pouches.

Did competition cooking at the county fair two years ago for my sons 4-h club..............took first in butt and second overall.:-D

I use a water pan also. You can see it in the picture under the thin end of the brisket. Brisket is a little tricky, but boy is it worth it. I agree wrap in foil and let it set before cutting.

I also use a remote dual thermometer that allows me to monitor the cook box temperature and also the meat temperature from anywhere in the house. Saves me from having to hover around monitoring temps all day. Got it for like $30 at the hardware store.

102867407x.jpg

We smoke 1000-1200 lbs. of pork butts here a week! all night.www.rivertownebbq.com Thanks Kevin.

I wish you were closer! =P~=P~

I use a water pan also. You can see it in the picture under the thin end of the brisket. Brisket is a little tricky, but boy is it worth it. I agree wrap in foil and let it set before cutting.

I also use a remote dual thermometer that allows me to monitor the cook box temperature and also the meat temperature from anywhere in the house. Saves me from having to hover around monitoring temps all day. Got it for like $30 at the hardware store.

Great stuff Brian, Flatlander and everyone! Keep it coming. I know how to grill OK but never learned to smoke yet. :read2:

memike learning to Joe =D> Good info here, don't stop know :drinkers:

Nothing special, I'm spending almost all this weekend working on the 48, I have power to the tail lights :cheers:! I might BBQ some hotdogs later if I remember to eat. Nikki said that she is going to make me a special breakfast tomorrow. That means I will wake up to the smell of bacon and the sound of high heels on hardwood floors. Not bragging or anything but there is nothing better than waking up to a big boobied redhead in "hooker boots" with a plate of bacon! :-D \\:D/:downtown::downtown::downtown::love7:

That gives me an idea J.R. :-k Tomorrow morning =D>
I am at home alone and a rack of baby backs on the grill since 1:20 pm.
The wife is out shopping and its been raining all day.
But I am making the best of it :drinkers::drinkers: enjoy the 48 too :-D

I tried something different this year, did the rotisserie on my butt. Slow Low. I am a usually a diehard charcoal man. Time to pull.

DSC00013 (Custom).JPG

DSC00015 (Custom).JPG

DSC00020 (Custom).JPG

DSC00025 (Custom).JPG

DSC00022 (Custom).JPG

Dang I miss my camera!! That looks smokin good homecloned =P~=P~=P~

I tried something different this year, did the rotisserie on my butt. Slow Low. I am a usually a diehard charcoal man. Time to pull.
I am keeping my slow cooked ribs moist with orange juice 20 percent and water 75 percent Tequila 5 percent.
LOOKING GOOD =P~

Me Too!!! Food threads are the best!

It's raining like crazy out here and we just had a tornado warning. The tornado has passed but we had a good lighting and thunder show. I just found out Merlin's scared of thunder, poor guy.

I'm stuck making tacos for dinner on Memorial Day weekend, what a bummer. I guess I'll just live vicariously through the BBQ masters here. :)

-
Back