Members 55 and over

-

Tony Fields

That's How I Roll
Legendary Member
Reaction score
How many "seniors" do we have on board?

I am 59 and counting, but you know when I turn the key I'm 18 again.

Reminds me of the 60's when I was just getting out of high school. Seems
like everybody had a Muscle Car back then but nobody knew it. They were just cars. Gas was 30 cents
a gallon so we didn't mind getting 10 or 12 miles to the gallon.....we never checked it anyway.

The wife and I did the 2005 and 2006 Hot Rod Power Tour and we will be doing the 2007 also.
What better way to be a kid again.

This is a great web site with lots of info and great people. Hope to see you on the road.
We will be the ones with smiles on our faces!

56 yrs young here, I can remember getting 260 Sunoco for 32 cents a gallon. My small block sported 12:1 pistons and a 4:11 rear end. Got 9 mpg with the thing. Sure could not afford to feed the thing for long today. I feel sorry for the younger guys!

David Beverage

63 and still pounding pistons. Started young with BIG BUICKS from the 40s and 50s and never looked back. Those great ole Buick "Straight Eights" with two Stromberg 97 carbs were nothing to blinck your eye at. Many a "Flat Head Phord" found out just that. 39 Buick Century Coupe with dual side mounts in the front fenders was my first ride. It was a dark green in colour. It cost me $140.00 of hard earned cash in 1957. I worked in a Hard Ware store part time @ .75/hr.
Got into Mopars in the late 60s. A bodies are my favorite. I prefer the B-Cudas, but they are all My cars. My first Mopar was an A-100 Van, a 67, I used as a deliverery van for my Bicycle Shop. I bought it with the 273 cause I was not into 6 Cyls. Stayed with Mopar ever since. Just Bought A new 2004 Dodge 1500 4x4 Ram with the 5.7 Hemi at New Years. Traded in my 97 Ram 4x4 with 179000 on it.
Mopars are my thing.
Dave C.

Turn 60 this year, with 60ft times of 1.51 running the quarter at 120 in11.20's .. getting old ..Hell no...still looking for the 10's this year....

:wav: I'm 60, can't believe that, and I still have the 67 formula S convertible I bought when I came back from Vietnam. I've been with that car longer then I've been married! Whipped my share of fords with it and the 70 340 Duster beat the rest..

Robbie2734 said:
:wav: I'm 60, can't believe that, and I still have the 67 formula S convertible I bought when I came back from Vietnam. I've been with that car longer then I've been married! Whipped my share of fords with it and the 70 340 Duster beat the rest..

Thank you for your Military Service

55 and still doing the Mopar thing. My boys told me they would hire someone at the rest home to wipe the drool off my face later on, I feel lots better on that.
Their mom and I have several in possesion now, the best in the fleet is a restored 67 GTX used for shows only. The most fun one though is the 72 Duster, used 1/4 mile at a time at the local strips.

Getting ready for the 60 and like Tony said when I fire up the race car all smiles from ear to ear and the grandkids start laughing and pointing at grandpa and all the noise his cars make :thumbup:

Even when I go to shows and have the show cars it brings back the good ol days of the 19 cent a gallion good premium gas and could go out on a Fridaynight/Saturday night and run the snot out of the cars for $5-10 alnight.

Oh them good ol'days we 55 and over guys had. :thumbup:

I am feeling younger!!! you guy's are great. :drinkers: :prayer:

Just passed the big 60 myself, don't think I would have made it with out the
MOPAR blue blood in my veins. Just built a 1967 CUDA race car for my son to drive and he is going 9.89 @ 137 so far. I drive a 1969 Barracuda Fastback on the street on nice days and a Chrysler 300M the rest. Just wanted to chime in on the fun.
69 Cuda, 383 w/2 4bbls, Keisler 5 speed, 456 gears, for the fun of it. :thumbup:

55 too.... Have always been the odd man out around town, most of my buddies were chevy guys. Here we are 40 years later and I still love my mopars and my buddies....while most of their cars are just memories.

:wav:

Yup 61 here and still loving it.I was allways a bow tie man till i fell in love with a little girl called 73 scamp.She keeps me broke but i have a lot of fun with her.She brings back a lot of good memories.Of the sixtys and cheep gas at 15 to 20 cents a gallon

Me too - turned 55 last birthday. Had a 64 Dart GT my senior year in high school. slant six / 4 speed. Great Car. Bought a 64 Dart 270 convertible this past summer and am proud to sport it around Augusta, Ga. Relive memories every time I hear that wonderful starter.

Count me in as one of the oldtimers-Born in '48-can't remember how old I am. As long as I don't look in the mirror or at pictures I still feel young(the old tired body is a different story). Got my first speeding ticket (117 in a 25 zone) before the '60s were over-69 Super Bee-383 with 3.23 gears. Mopar to ya'll

Today is my birthday. Jan 26, 1951. 56 today. Still rockin' those Mopars too. Bought that '72 Duster 340 in june 1976 and have had the times of my life with that car. Can't see myself ever being without it.

hey kids 66years young. firts car 35 ply then went to the bow tie club in 66 we bought the first charger in the nw. traded it in on a 71 340 demon that we ordered and still have also the older i get the faster i was

Good to see a couple guys older than me O:) I turned 60 last June and aside from my ole eyes I can still keep up with the younger guys. Some say getting old is tough, but hey, it beats the other option. Still playing with my Mopars and playing that old rock and roll, if it came out in the late 60's or 70's it's worth listening to. :thumbup:

Hey Kids, we are not getting older, we are getting better!!!! Remember age is in the mind. We still outplay those young wipper snappers!!!!

hey, i`m more than half track myself. 57`s tryin to reel me in but i`m still down hard on the pedal. (hey, charrlie_ s, love that quote!) my senses might be going, but i can still feel and hear my 451 67 valiant crankin down the 1320. she sure can grunt! when i`m feelin romantic, i like to take out my fastback,68formula 340. too bad my bride doesn`t care for my two love affairs but she`ll get over it, someday. well, glad to know i`m not the only old-dog on the block and god bless you all, especially you war vets. (love ya and thanks.) see you guys in the nursing garage

-
Back