Meteor showers tonight..supposed to be spectacular.

-
Prolly gonna be overcast here, from th' looks 'o things

I asked my wife one day what limits the size and speed of an asteroid?

She say's "I don't know, maybe if it's under the size of a small planet it's considered an asteroid?"

I told her that there is zero evidence that there isn't an "asteroid" (or whatever term they wish to give it for it's size and speed) to eliminate the possibility of a mass of something from outside our universe 500 billion times the size of our sun to come through here at 500 billion miles an hour.

So big and so fast that you notice it in the sky in the morning with your naked eye, and by lunchtime you cant even see the sky at all from it's size and speed.
Then SPLAT, there goes out entire solar system in one big cloud of dust.

Or maybe it's traveling so fast we just notice it's suddenly getting darker and BAM!.

It's possible isn't it?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack.

Golly, what a rosy outlook.

I asked my wife one day what limits the size and speed of an asteroid?

She say's "I don't know, maybe if it's under the size of a small planet it's considered an asteroid?"

I told her that there is zero evidence that there isn't an "asteroid" (or whatever term they wish to give it for it's size and speed) to eliminate the possibility of a mass of something from outside our universe 500 billion times the size of our sun to come through here at 500 billion miles an hour.

So big and so fast that you notice it in the sky in the morning with your naked eye, and by lunchtime you cant even see the sky at all from it's size and speed.
Then SPLAT, there goes out entire solar system in one big cloud of dust.

Or maybe it's traveling so fast we just notice it's suddenly getting darker and BAM!.

It's possible isn't it?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack.

Just got in from out by the fire... don't think I can hold out much longer...ZZZ

I walked outside when this thread first started, it's been raining for the last few days and last night was no different. Bummer!!!

I was in the pool uNtil 2:30 or so ....sky was clear ... NO 151 Rum consumed 2nite .... I didn't see anything ...

I was out there. Saw not one nuthin. They were full of patookie again.

I stayed up. Here in Alabama the skies were beautiful and clear. No meteors at all. So I just threw the football to my 70lbs German Shepherd puppy lol.

I went out from 2:00-2:36 and saw about ten of them in north Georgia but they were pretty faint.
Some were short and bright, others were long trails and dim......all very, very fast.

I was hoping it was better but the Leonids have been the best I've seen yet.

I wish I had more warning as I could have taken a drive down the road about 20 min in Sasquatch territory where you can actually see some of the Milky Way rings....friggin incredible I tell ya.

I was out there. Saw not one nuthin. They were full of patookie again.

THEY ? ... you mean those nerds that get paid 200k$ per year to look up at the stars and play with themselves and very rarely get things right !!

Or MAYBE the same crew that predicts GLOWbull warming :violent1:

I saw one, about 10 mins before 11:00 , then went on to bed.

THEY ? ... you mean those nerds that get paid 200k$ per year to look up at the stars and play with themselves and very rarely get things right !!

Or MAYBE the same crew that predicts GLOWbull warming :violent1:

Yeah. Take your pick.

-
Back