Mexico had some cool cars

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I saw this on bookface and a friend who went to Carlisle was telling me about this.

Seems the 4 door charger is not a new concept at all

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

mexi-charger sticker.JPG

mexi-charger cover.JPG

You guys are gunna hate me for this but would love to part that one out.

I wonder how the vin reads on this one. In the states it starts off XP29 which is Charger premium 2 door hardtop. I wonder if it had the rallye dash in it too.

Yaaay!!!! Now i can officially say i hated the 4 door chargers back then, and still hate them now. Just because the parts may fit, sometimes its not a good idea.

"Sigh' I'm with cudajunction id love to part that out. I know where theres a 70 2 door factory plum purple 383 charger 2 door that could be up and running with this one as parts fodder.

Actually the front fenders prob cant be used on an XP29 charger without extensive bodywork along the bottom. They are stamped to fit the coronet lower belt line crease.

I wonder how the vin reads on this one. In the states it starts off XP29 which is Charger premium 2 door hardtop. I wonder if it had the rallye dash in it too.

Yaaay!!!! Now i can officially say i hated the 4 door chargers back then, and still hate them now. Just because the parts may fit, sometimes its not a good idea.

"Sigh' I'm with cudajunction id love to part that out. I know where theres a 70 2 door factory plum purple 383 charger 2 door that could be up and running with this one as parts fodder.
I don't know but I would think it would be XP45*0*000000

At a July 4th car show, I saw a mexican Valiant Super Bee. Thought it was a Demon, until I looked a little further. Red, 4speed,318. That was a neat car.

Charget.
Coroger.
Sombrero was on the build sheet.
But someone took it off and installed headers.
Still looking for a date coded replacement.
Galvin Gopher where are you?

Plymouth had to put Coronet fenders on something IIIRC.
HUM.

I also thought I saw somewhere else that this car was put togethwr by someone.

I don't know but I would think it would be XP45*0*000000
Mexican built cars had a different V.I.N. system and fender tag than the Canadian and U.S. cars, my buddy had a '71 ''Duster'' looking car built by Automex in Mexico and it was badged as a Valiant. It had a 318 4 bbl engine and a column automatic with an 8 3/4 rear. There were lots of subtle differences as well, such as the washer bottle on the passenger inner fender with Automex on it, door panels were different (fancier), the wheels were similar to a G.M. Rallye wheel, the speedo was in KM/H not MP/H, and the driver's side exhaust manifold did not have a heat riser in it. The V.I.N was in the driver's door front pillar similar to the '67 and older cars we know, and it was also welded to the frame rail in a similar looking tag on the driver's side. (Easily visible if you took the wheel off). The dash had the holes for the V.I.N. tag where the U.S. and Canadian built cars have them if you removed it, that's why i think that some of the parts originated at the U.S. factories and were shipped south to Automex. The windshield wiper motor was different too, kind of like a smaller version of the 3 speed wiper motors we have.
I'll see if i can find some pics, it was for sale on here quite a few years ago (posted by yours truly), probably 8?

We got four darts and valiants in my local yard that are 4 doors. The only thing left on em is the slanty parts and 4 door specific parts, dashes and front and rear clips are gutted. The 2 door dart and 2 door scamp are damn near completely gutted.

Kinda funny actually. Years ago at this same wrecking yard i hunted 59-60 chevy parts for a 60 el camino i was restoring. Same thing the four doorc cars were gutted in the front, back, and dash. All the 4 door stuff was left behind. One 1960 wagon missing its front clip, and deluxe heater that ended up in my elky.

Last edited:
Note the gas fill.
I've often wondered if I could put a Charger tank and fill tube/cap on a 68-70 B Plymouth.
That would solve several undesirable things on the Plymouth fuel fill system and look way cooler.

I never thought they actually made B bodies in mexico. I thought it was all A bodys made there. Hey heres an idea. Put that front clip and doors on a coronet wagon. I think i know where one is, we can call it texmex

Last edited:
-
Back